A Fine Example of Miami Dade Law Enforcement.... NOT!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Memo to all South Florida law enforcement officers

Just a reminder that police vehicles are not to be used for transporting furniture, mattresses, farm animals, cats, dogs, parakeets, women you meet in a bar, alcoholic beverages - either to or from "choir practice" - and last, but not least, hookers and other non-law enforcement personnel.

Additionally, please be aware that this is 2012 and there are cameras everywhere.

mattress car.jpg

Miami-Dade Police officer Sandra Lyles was just days away from retirement. All she had to do to make it out of the force quietly was keep a low profile. Instead, she was snapped by an angry citizen using her county-issued police car as an impromptu personal mattress transporter and has now been relieved of duty.

Records show that Lyles has been disciplined 19 times in her career, several involving conduct-related issues.

19 Times! are you kidding me?

http://www.local10.com/news/EXCLUSI...-duty/-/1717324/9221954/-/r9g7w5/-/index.html

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
"It was just in case i met anybody i knew...sir!" ;D

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9:

funny as hell but she sure lost a good pension I believe. people are such morons.
days away from retirement. stupid stupid stupid

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
you know they wanna find a reason to "let you go" just before retirement * any reason to ditch ya - they get their pound of flesh from you (years of work) but then they do not want to pay you off ( by giving you your retirement cash and medical coverage) -- you big dummy , how dense are you ? you gotta be very dense not to understand that - it is standard operating policy of many places to hose those "about to retire" --duh. :tard: : :whip2: :BangHead:

lets see say 20 years for retirement == 19 write ups -- adverage of 1 per year ( so this was number 20 )

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These police officers need to be held accountable for their actions. They need to be reminded of their duties "serve and protect" Their the first ones to go after the takeover.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
There are some cops I dislike and some I respect, But in this case the punishment does exceed the offence. In My area the state police and sheriff departments take there cars home at night and may use them for personal use. I can't see where she did any harm except to offend a motorist. I think some logic has gotten out of kilter!

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 434
  • hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 419

rocky raccoon

Jan 24, 2012
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to Miami

Attachments

• 220px-ScarfacePacino.jpg
    220px-ScarfacePacino.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 473

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
There are some cops I dislike and some I respect, But in this case the punishment does exceed the offence. In My area the state police and sheriff departments take there cars home at night and may use them for personal use. I can't see where she did any harm except to offend a motorist. I think some logic has gotten out of kilter!

So being disciplined the other 19 times shouldnt have counted towards the punishment. I have worked closely with a lot of law enforcement. Ill tell you right now 99 percent even though they are good will protect the badge they serve even if its covering for a brother in blue. They feel there actions are above reproach because of their jobs. Prosecutors are even worse. If you knew them you would see they dont care about upholding the law as much as keeping their conviction rate at 100%. Dont get me wrong they do great things but when it comes down to protecting you or the badge you will finish last every time. When a cop gets shot you see a million cops from around your area do the best they can do to catch a killer. If you get shot you might have two show up.

rocky raccoon

Jan 24, 2012
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bluehunter1973 said:
Frankn said:

So being disciplined the other 19 times shouldnt have counted towards the punishment. I have worked closely with a lot of law enforcement. Ill tell you right now 99 percent even though they are good will protect the badge they serve even if its covering for a brother in blue. They feel there actions are above reproach because of their jobs. Prosecutors are even worse. If you knew them you would see they dont care about upholding the law as much as keeping their conviction rate at 100%. Dont get me wrong they do great things but when it comes down to protecting you or the badge you will finish last every time. When a cop gets shot you see a million cops from around your area do the best they can do to catch a killer. If you get shot you might have two show up.
depends on where you live

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
She worked there 32 years, and you think she lost all retirement pension because a few days early, she got the boot?

No, I don't think so. Years ago, that was true. But, because there were employers who deliberately fired people just before retirement to save pension costs, a Federal law took over. My bet is she is either now or soon will be drawing a police pension. Losing an entire pension pay out for a few days is simply a thing of the past. In most cases, you can draw some pension after only 10 years.

She probably mostly lost her retirement party, though I suspect there will be a number of celebratory parties when it is learned she is gone. Heh, heh.

S

stefen

piegrande said:
She worked there 32 years, and you think she lost all retirement pension because a few days early, she got the boot?

No, I don't think so. Years ago, that was true. But, because there were employers who deliberately fired people just before retirement to save pension costs, a Federal law took over. My bet is she is either now or soon will be drawing a police pension. Losing an entire pension pay out for a few days is simply a thing of the past. In most cases, you can draw some pension after only 10 years.

She probably mostly lost her retirement party, though I suspect there will be a number of celebratory parties when it is learned she is gone. Heh, heh.

Lets compare other public offenders...Recently a Retired LA Unified School District teacher was indicted for sexual child abuse (and so were 2 other staff members) who was given his full retirement (for life) and will recieve this even if imprisoned. :BangHead:

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just wondering why, after 19 previous disciplinary actions against her, she had a job still to begin with? Tell me who and in what type of employment, can someone be disciplined 19 times and still be working?

bigscoop said:
I wonder if the tag was still on that matress? :laughing9:
Yeah, she just bought it at BIG LOTS, she be gotten 20% off dat bed dog. ;D

As far as losing her pension, I doubt it will have any effect.

And Frankn, yes Miami-Dade Police officers who live in Miami-Dade are allowed to use their patrol cars for personal use in Miami-Dade County to run errands, but this was going too far. This policy increases police presence and if they see a crime they can jump into action. That being said, there is a set of guidelines in reference to what they can and can't do with their police vehicles while "off-duty". Transporting mattresses on the roof is one of them,,as well as transporting animals to veterinarians and children to school to name a couple more.

One more thing... To me that picture just screams ghetto. The only thing missing is the audio from her siren that plays the theme song from Sanford and Son. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a joke, I would of told them it was in the middle of the road and I removed it for safety reasons :laughing9: I can remember way back when before the libs took over the air ways. A large fire at a local beer depot we were asked to save a large quantity of silver in the burned out basement ,because of smoke damage the contents of the store had to be destroyed The owner said if we save his catche we could take what we needed. The Bed of the ladder truck held 120 cases of XXX The engine got the phone booth. Oh the good old days :tongue3: (Saved the land fill a few cubic feet)

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
'She' and 'a few days short of her pension' are the key words . Recon just how many lawyers are bidding to litigate her into a full pension , benefits , AND compensatory damages ?

mtmanmitch

Greenie
Jan 16, 2010
Richmond,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS II (oldie but goodie)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is ludicrous. She's not going to loose her pension over that? If so, I'll never go back to FL. I'll be too scared as to what they would do to me.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
South Florida law enforcement (in general) has a very shady history. Here a just two more examples of this past year alone (there are many more)-

Remember these guys: Derick Kuilan and his partner, Rolando Gutierrez-

CLEVELANDER.jpg

While on duty on Fourth of July weekend, in uniform, Kuilan and Gutierrez popped into the Clevelander to drink with a partying group of women. Kuilan then offered one special lady a tipsy ride on his ATV, and proceeded to nearly kill two innocent bystanders lying on the darkened beach.
Kuilan and Gutierrez were both fired, a chain of supervisors were disciplined and Beach Chief Carlos Noriega retired in disgrace -- after a year that also saw his force blast a hundred rounds into a Memorial Beach Weekend partier, wounding bystanders in the process and then clumsily trying to confiscate video of the killing. Kuilan was the joyriding cherry atop a disastrous year for MBPD.

Then you have the former Miami Police chief himself, Miguel Exposito-

miguel exposito.jpg

In this past year, his force ended up shooting to death seven suspects in seven months -- a streak exacerbated in January when reality TV footage shot inside the department leaked, showing Exposito calling his cops "predators."
Life at the MPD only got worse from there. Exposito sparked an absurd war with Mayor Tomas Regalado, reporting him repeatedly to the FBI, accusing him of bribery and culminating in a Wild West-style showdown in a city park with TV cameras rolling. Thankfully, Expo was finally canned by the City Commission.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
bigcypresshunter said:
diggummup said:
You should have had a smartphone in your top pocket secretly video taping the whole event. then you could have given it to a local news station and cashed in yourself.
Cashed in? Are you implying that a news station would pay for the story?
If not , a lawyer probably would . In the form of his fee for a large settlement :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread