bclark

Jun 27, 2007
Daytona Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Whites Bullseye II
Equinox 800/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received my AT Pro today and went out to where I bow hunt and decided to try the area were I noticed an old barn. I put the AT Pro together and took off. It was very hot and knew I was not going to be out long in this heat. Once I got to where I hunt at the grass was very high and I made a path to the barn. I got to the barn and the only area that I was able to detect at was the inside of the barn. There was all kinds of junk around and the first thing I got a signal on was the top of a soda can and as I looked to fill in my hole I had dug up a arrowhead. I never found one before.

On the way back to the truck I stayed in the woods for the shade and swung around a bit and saw a pile of dirt. I checked it out and dug up scrap iron and then an edge of a 55 gal drum. Wondered why it was there and it was too hot to dig it up to see whats inside and I only had a hand shovel. Next time I head that way I will bring the big shovel and see whats inside.

Attachments

• Arrowhead.jpg
    Arrowhead.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 423
Upvote 0
OP
OP
bclark

bclark

Jun 27, 2007
Daytona Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Whites Bullseye II
Equinox 800/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have thought about it and wondered what could be in it. Maybe if I cut a hole inside to see. I pictured a big cache of coins and dollars. lol. The area around was littered with automotive parts. I saw a few tires and springs so it could be filled with junk. I first thought that maybe it was the beginning of a cellar hole also.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OIL black gold that what could bein that barrel used black gold. Be careful......Matt

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice point!! MR TUFF

underarock

Mar 27, 2011
Southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Primary Interest:
Other
digging out a full 55 gallon drum is going to take a lot of work. Bring beer and friends. maybe a radio.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread