A first - two firsts in one day

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Went to a HEAVILY hunted school that is no longer in use, I made a good showing of the skills I've learned here, I dug everything not iron, I'm gonna go back and piece-meal out the rest a little at a time. there are TONS of nails, but I've learned that is a good thing, today proved it. Out of all the amateurs that have hit this place, NONE of them are digging everything. This spot has been cherry-picked to death, so I dug the questionables, and it really worked out. First I hit the 1939 nickel('bout an inch deep !!), that was when it hit me, I'll dig the stuff I don't usually dig, about 30 minutes(and God knows how many nails) later, I hit the three ringer, it's really smooth, pretty sure it's been there a while, our dirt is very nice to lead. This is the first muzzle-loaded bullet I've found, I don't think they're too common around here(do you see many gypsy ??). after about another hour of nails, I hit another weird one, turned out to be a dog license, another first. It's dated 1930, so kinda old too. All in all a great day for late Nov., Thursday our high is supposed to be 20. I have a good feeling about going back for the rest of those nails, all of them I hit were 4"-7" deep, and undisturbed for a long time, I'm pretty sure their friends are hiding something.........

OK, I haven't slept for like 36 hours, so I'm gonna have a bedtime snack, and go die until sometime around 8:00 am. Have a good nite, HH, and to my fellow northeners, for the LOVE OF GOD, get out in this weather !!!!

Attachments

• Two Firsts posted.jpg
    Two Firsts posted.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 317
Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
hey, that nickle was almost a buffalo! i have a feeling this new tactic in hunting style is going to bring you a gold ring or two! also a lot of other cool stuff you normally wouldnt find. you will dig a lot of junk for sure, but i think youll be surprised at how much of that stuff isnt junk! ;)

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
If your '39 is a D or S (on the back, to the right of the building) then that'll be a pretty good coin you've got. Great finds! :D

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE
Hi gold fish
In most places, I dig everthing too, especially those "hunted out spots". Hunting woods I use a relic shovel and digging everything is a snap. Keep at it and you'll get some more goodies. Sleep tight.
HH
Mark G

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, it really paid off!

HH
-GC

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Congratulations good to see you pull out those great firsts in that "Hunted out spot". Love to see peps take the time and get rewarded for thier efforts.

Rev

T

TreasureTales

Good work gold fish. It is rare, very rare, for any place to be "hunted out." Hunted heavily? Sure. But not hunted out. You have the beginnings of a very historic and worthwhile collection. Keep using what you learn here and in the field and you'll become an ace in no time at all. Really really happy for you. :) :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread