a fishing sinker , a 9 mm slug 2 clad dimes 1 modern nickle 3 cents --priceless

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yep was coming back from the lawyers talking about my dec 1st social security hearing when I saw a nice little tot lot that just begged to be detected -- ahh and no one around to bother so I go to the swing set and start getting a signal so I lay down and dig it out -- clad dime --nice start -- but as soon as I lay down to dig I can see good old "mrs nosy body" across the way peering out of her drapes at me -- I go on waving my detecor another hit and I lay down dig it out ah a another dime --sweet --as I recheck the holetheres more more --so I'm digging it and a cent pops up (older pre 82 copper) -- about that time 2 cops show up uh whatca doing ? --- I tell em I'm just getting a few coins that the kids drop and cleaning up bit of sharp metal stuff from the playground --- see I cover my holes in the wood chips and cause no damage , and show them the 21 cents and and some sharp edged bits of can slaw that I found and was going to chuck --- cops say ok some one said their was someone acting odd --laying on the ground --said well being I'm 400 lbs its a lot easier for me to dig that way -- everything ok then they said have a good time and left --- mrs nosy body was looking out her window chomping at the bit when they were there --she was sure she had got me into trouble * when they left and I didn't she just stood there "stunned" -- I just waved "hi" to her and finished my rounds -- I hit a nickle by one slide and 2 cents by another as well as a 1 oz wire eye type fishing sinker and a 9 mm slug --- the hours haul was only 28 cents in clad but the feeling of not letting " nosy body" win -- was priceless. :wink: Ivan

Upvote 0

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
But you had a big grin on your face when Mrs. Noseybody saw the police drive a way. Wish I could have seen the look on her face. Nice finds for a play ground.

Attachments

• remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 596
  • remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 598
OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
yah it was fun watching her find out out her place in the "food chain of life" -- below me --cuz I don't work for her or come and go at her whim -- some folks geez --and on the off chance that she was somehow honestly worried about that man that "fell down" and thus wasn't being a bossy nosy old biddy type (not likely) --the freindly wave I gave her as I left let her know that I'm a ok --either way she can "have a nice day" , while I finished my search.

Old_Okie

Jun 14, 2007
Glad to see you are out & about after your bout with pneumonia. Sorry that someone tried to spoil your fun.

Happy Hunting

Old_Okie

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
oh once I find a " hot spot " where theres a good bit of signals --- I'll lay on the ground and fan hunt the nearby area by moving the coil head on the ground all arond me -- if I get a beep , I'll wiggle over and dig it -- beats the up and down and up again bussiness. hey what ever works and is easist is the way I do it . :thumbsup:

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
I tend to agree with Plebah- maybe she didn't mean to be "nosey". If I saw a 400 lb guy laying down in a tot lot, I'd be concerned too. Had I known that your preferred method of retrieving coins involved laying down, I would not have worried, but she didn't. Can you honestly blame her? She's looking out for the kids. We need more people like her around.

Joe

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
ivan salis said:
oh once I find a " hot spot " where theres a good bit of signals --- I'll lay on the ground and fan hunt the nearby area by moving the coil head on the ground all arond me -- if I get a beep , I'll wiggle over and dig it -- beats the up and down and up again bussiness. hey what ever works and is easist is the way I do it . :thumbsup:

oh god!! that is funny :D

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
i probably need to get out more but i'm still laughing :D :D :D

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ivan, that hunt was worth the price of admission :thumbsup: Would of been interesting to
be a "fly on the wall" in her house when the cops left the park without you :D

Take care,
watercolor

B

BIG61AL

Had she really been concerned she would have called 911 to say a man needs an ambulance because he is laying on the ground alone. The paramedics would have been there before the cops.....she was trying to get you arrested. >:( Honestly are metal detectionists really a new unknown behaviour? They have been around since the sixties - EVERYONE should have a inkling of what someone with a detector is doing especially someone who is older. You call her nosy rosy but i prefer a less pleasant term for her.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread