A friends Pa. finds

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
really nice thanks for sharing,really like the small celt,well i like all of it killer points too.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well the celts gone now

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all the ashtray pics are gone also

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just saw alot of photobucket shots snakes dead foxes, coons, guns tats strange

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello there, and welcome MadisonMike. I see photos of four VERY nice points. To me, the top one looks to be a Mid archaic St. Albans type B, serrated bifurcate point. The next dark notched point looks to be an early archaic Kirk corner notched. The third one down looks to be a late archaic, jasper Susquehanna broadspear. The last photo looks to be a late archaic/early woodland Hellgramite point. All really nice top notch examples. I love seeing PA,NJ,MD, DE,VA & NC points, thanks for showing them, and good luck to you and your bud on future hunts.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice eye candy thanks for the show and welcome to the site.

OP
OP
M

MadisonMike

Jun 29, 2014
Central Pa.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello there, and welcome MadisonMike. I see photos of four VERY nice points. To me, the top one looks to be a Mid archaic St. Albans type B, serrated bifurcate point. The next dark notched point looks to be an early archaic Kirk corner notched. The third one down looks to be a late archaic, jasper Susquehanna broadspear. The last photo looks to be a late archaic/early woodland Hellgramite point. All really nice top notch examples. I love seeing PA,NJ,MD, DE,VA & NC points, thanks for showing them, and good luck to you and your bud on future hunts.

I think you are spot on with the types.Care to put a type to this point I found a few weeks ago?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Sandy I do believe. I could be wrong though. I like finding them more than putting a label on them. Its a real beauty

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you are spot on with the types.Care to put a type to this point I found a few weeks ago?

It is a very nice point no matter what we call it ! My first knee jerk reaction would have been Kirk Corner notched, but my hunting buddy reminds me that my first reactions have often been embarrassingly wrong. I think Rock may have nailed it as an Otter Creek. I am not really familiar with Otter Creeks because I don't think many show up in my area, but the non symmetrical notches are really interesting. I am not sure what part of PA you found it in, but if in the western part, and I had to posit a "final answer". I might go with Otter Creek / Thebes hybrid? I assume it has a ground base?

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ohh, I forgot to mention that I think my first guess on the one I called a Susquehanna Broadspear may also be wrong. I was looking at one of the later Overstreet's Guides last night, and I now think that point may be a Frost Island??

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very cool finds Mike! I found a fern fossil in the woods of Pa but haven't really hunted the plowed fields looking for arrow heads. Imagine how long ago the Indians made that! :)

OP
OP
M

MadisonMike

Jun 29, 2014
Central Pa.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is a very nice point no matter what we call it ! My first knee jerk reaction would have been Kirk Corner notched, but my hunting buddy reminds me that my first reactions have often been embarrassingly wrong. I think Rock may have nailed it as an Otter Creek. I am not really familiar with Otter Creeks because I don't think many show up in my area, but the non symmetrical notches are really interesting. I am not sure what part of PA you found it in, but if in the western part, and I had to posit a "final answer". I might go with Otter Creek / Thebes hybrid? I assume it has a ground base?

Lycoming county Pa.find.The base is lightly ground.Several people have mentioned it may be a first stage thebes.Just seems a bit far east for thebes and a bit far north for big sandy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions