A Geriactric Treasure Hunt - The Quest for Eternal Life

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
this post is long and divided into parts for ease of commenting and responding
Comments are welcome.

IMG-20210520-WA0001.jpg

Most Christians are familiar with the 2,000 year search for the Arc of the Covenant, but there is a more ancient and widespread search which continues to this day - the search for the elixir of eternal life. Possibly the story most Americans (US type) are familiar with is that of Ponce de León traipsing around the SE US (to be) looking for The Fountain of Youth. But this search was ongoing in ancient China and Mesopotamia.

The search for rejuvenation is likely a recurring human theme as each sorts out the details of their departure. We have physical tools (drugs and hormones) which have physical costs, psychological tools (Positive Thinking and various religions) which have a psychological costs, or we can consider the 'manipulation' of reality to achieve this rejuvenation. (We are jacking with our perception and utilizing selective retention.)

Science has been shown to improve the human experience - as little inclined as some are to let such information affect their lives. And science has revealed the location of The Fountain of Youth, at least for a portion of humanity. Anthropology is the branch of science which has revealed an insight into youthful longevity - despite the resistance to conducting formal studies or investigations. Note that a science is not 'bad' because it conflicts with the superstitions of some groups.

So where has Anthropology hidden The Fountain of Youth ?
In plain sight, as always. One must ask the right question:
How can old monkeys be induced to behave like young monkeys ?
The answer is shockingly simple and apparent to any adult human:
Put old males in the company of young females and the oldsters get young, i.e. behave as young males.

I do not know if similar stimulation/rejuvenation applies to old female monkeys together with young males. Would suspect monkey business. Noteworthy is that as old females offer no rejuvenation, one can imagine who would be against the dissemination of this information.
Consolation is not fun.

To me, a 75 year old male, this is a fascinating topic on which I have additional posts written, but a note should be made about what this thread is NOT: It is not about prostitution, underage women, or trafficking.

Coming up:
II Psycobabble or an Insight ?
III One Man's Quest
IV The First Bridge
V The Second Step Up

Last edited:
OP
OP
BillA

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
II Psycobabble or an Insight ?

Now we have to make a stretch: Is research on monkeys applicable to humans ?
Wow, a big and complicated question with assumptions all over the map.
(no religion, please)
But certainly a hypothesis that can be tested, by me
- yes yes, the inherent fallacy of self testing is understood, but still......

OK, what does "in the company of" mean for us humans ?
TV is neutered swill and the internet fuels narcissists and blocks the truth. My limited experimentation would suggest that "in the company of" translates as physically present.

So how much contact time is required for the manifestation of "youth" ?
(bad jokes aside, eh)
Brief visits don't do squat for me as I arise from my torpor and regress. But I have found that 40 hours/week work routine is quite productive assuming that both are somewhat involved. An intellectual exchange requires verbal interaction, The Fountain of Youth is not a dormitory.

"Young females" for humans could equate to childbearing age to.... 25, 30 ? As a practical matter oldsters are not going to be too interested in the babbling of teenagers. Worth noting is that far more than the procreation drive is involved: nesting/building, food /security, and economics in today's world.

Other young female characteristics l have found useful are attention span (= desire to learn) and intelligence (= connecting the dots). Without these traits they will be simply breeders, missing what The Fountain is about.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BillA

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
III One Man's Quest

Assuming that the foregoing is somewhat on track, oldsters may have something of a challenge:
How to spend quality time with the girls ?
(firestorm coming I guess, lol)

As I have no experience outside of my own, my observations are limited. I have no activity to which young women are attracted, but I hate to cook and the house is a mess. I build some furniture and dig for gold so a willing helper is not just useful - but essential. I have found that initiative and independence are required and, as it is all new, got to be able to learn. A tall order that requires a salary.

The labor source for casual employees in CR is Nicaragua, has been for generations with an open/permeable border and acceptance within CR. Have used a number of Nicas with good results so when a friend brought by a prospective house to cleaner, a 23 year old Nica live wire whose uncle had worked for me, I hired her and in days noticed changes in my thoughts and actions, household completion and improvement projects that had been royally ignored for years were competed in days or weeks. And this was due to an employee working 40 hours/week.
No monkey business - no, I am not anti-monkey.

The mind is churning, so what would happen with a continuous young female presence ?
Or with multiple young females ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
BillA

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
IV The First Bridge

Having made the decision to increase the number of hours of interaction time, a change was made by the employment of a full-time live-in caregiver. The young female candidate went to school with my initial helper and was her best friend, with somewhat different attributes.

Some challenges are associated with the transition from living alone in splendid isolation to sharing very limited living space with a much younger person, but such does increase the interaction.

A cautionary note for others contemplating drinking from the allegorical Fountain of Youth: quaffers will have to accept change into their lives in terms of continued learning, personal development, and the abandonment of sloth. As the homily states: Every day is a new lesson.

Additional experience indicates that my initial appraisal was simplistic in the extreme and totally omitted a number of what are probably critical parameters. Of specific interest and potentially crucial in the expression of youthful effects would be the number of young females, the individual/collective attractiveness, and the tolerance for interactions with deluded oldsters.

An incremental approach could be to: measure any incremental decrease in youthful expression over time to establish a baseline, or define an experimental optimum exposure period and test above and below this hypothesis, or vary the attractiveness which necessitates a definition and quantification, or vary the number of young females. Dictated by circumstance, I cut to the chase and added a second young female.

Both were school mates and beyond, the thought being to reduce rivalry and competition. They represent differing measures of attractiveness, one being an exotic indigina and the other a small white cutie.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trouble with old males and young females is that the young females don't take too long to figure out there are young males available as well.

But, anyhow, monkeying around with younger females only makes you "feel" younger briefly. The aging process is irreversible - the Second Law of Thermodynamics applies to the human body as a system. Cancer is what happens when a body fails to reconstruct itself properly. Until we can eliminate cancer cells the prospect of indefinite longevity may just be the key to prolonged suffering.

OP
OP
BillA

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
Trouble with old males and young females is that the young females don't take too long to figure out there are young males available as well.

But, anyhow, monkeying around with younger females only makes you "feel" younger briefly. The aging process is irreversible - the Second Law of Thermodynamics applies to the human body as a system. Cancer is what happens when a body fails to reconstruct itself properly. Until we can eliminate cancer cells the prospect of indefinite longevity may just be the key to prolonged suffering.

CP, for sure but this is the description of an experiment, gimme a chance to get it typed

no suggestion made of youth, dealing with perception

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I don't know about all this monkey business but I do know that I wasted my youth chasing fast cars and slow women!!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who wants to live forever?

OP
OP
BillA

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
V The Second Step

If one is good, two are better.

Well,kinda. But more expensive, takes more time, and there is now an additional relationship in a very small (450 sq ft) beach house. The most apparent benefit is the social structuring which enables the females to endlessly interact with each other while the oldster occasionally interjects.

There will be a significant surplus of time beyond that needed to cook and clean and there is no reason for the females to not seek outside employment. The obvious beneficiaries are the females who have an independent income and for some a career changing opportunity to enter the tourist industry.

It is clear that there will be a naturally occurring turnover as the young females gain experience and pursue a career or, more often, move back to Nicaragua to have babies.
A line from the musical "Gigi" seems appropriate: Thank heaven for little girls.

Any conclusions would be almost speculative at this time, but most positive in all respects after some months. Am walking 2 miles daily collecting shells on the beach, eating better than I ever have, and writing trash like this. Not too costly, about 400 US/month which is a huge % of my income but well worth it.

Will see if the girls want their pics up.

For you oldsters, life can be better.

Last edited:

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So a younger woman around will improve my mood & make me feel younger as well? Hmmm, the hatchet in the back of my head put there by my lovely wife may negate the positives.

OP
OP
BillA

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
So a younger woman around will improve my mood & make me feel younger as well? Hmmm, the hatchet in the back of my head put there by my lovely wife may negate the positives.
my wife experiences rather poor also
but this is not that, remember - rent don't buy
like the tide, it will change

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read some time ago about the myth of the fountain of youth. Everything in the body ages at different speeds. Due to a number of factors- genetics, diet, environment etc. Teeth wear out differently to eyes and eyes differently to joints etc The same book spoke of the death of multi generational homes... the fairly recent concept of retirement. The retirement village concept....ultimately ending in the aged dying alone in a home. Older people in general appear to benefit greatly from being part of a family of younger generations (not just sexy girls)

On a different note...but similar... consider a 40 year age gap

When a 15 year old is in a relationship with a 55 year old its illegal and the guy is considered a pedophile.... if the girl is 25 and the guy is 65 its deemed ok by society?? Remember that crappy Hugh Heffner reality show? When does it cross the line that gold diggers and sugar daddys are ok?
But lets face it, 75 year old males are just kidding themselves if they think young girls are hanging around with them because they are fun or an ideal biological mate.

Chub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread