Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All year I have been hunting this vacant lot and I have periodically decided that I am done with it, that its hunted out... Well, I always end up going back and finding something that keeps me hunting there. This time I decided to go back to try out the 6 inch coil I recently picked up. I get a signal bouncing around the low 20s (all the higher signals are long gone). I dug and its a 1904 IHP! I keep swinging and a while later I get a crazy loud quarter signal. Sure enough its a quarter ....a silver quarter and not deep. The IHP I think the 6 inch coil might have sniffed out but the quarter is hard to believe I could have missed so many times....

Anyway, its late so I go home and watch an episode of Better Call Saul (S3E8). It opens with Saul and a friend retrieving a stash old coins Saul found as a kid while working the register at his dad's store. He dump them out and pick one up and starts talking about it, its an IHP. I am reminded of the one I just dug up shortly before. Then he pick up another of the coins and talks about it, a silver Washington quarter. I'm amused because I also dug one of those shortly before. Those were the only coins he talked specifically about. The very next scene is of another character metal detecting in the desert..... Now I am thinking, please let the next scene be someone winning the lottery :laughing7:

The next day I hit a local park and find another (crusty) IHP, a Merc, a Rosie and a beat-up old National Billiards Manufactures token, it was sticking out of the ground just below the grass...

The ring got the better of me..... still no gold...

IMG_6016.JPG
IMG_6022.JPG
IMG_6023.JPG
IMG_6026.JPG
IMG_6029.JPG
IMG_6037.JPG

Upvote 21

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of great finds that's funny it could mean you show have been in that show lol Great post Tommy

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! Its gonna be a long fives months till spring when the ground thaws out again...:dontknow:

OP
OP
Squirrel322

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Its gonna be a long fives months till spring when the ground thaws out again...:dontknow:

Yep, I think I first got out in early March this year. The ground was still partially frozen.....

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice bunch of coins! :occasion14:

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! :icon_thumleft: Nice IHP and Merc! That dog is really cool.

OP
OP
Squirrel322

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! :icon_thumleft: Nice IHP and Merc! That dog is really cool.

Yeah, I wish the dog was in better condition. From the back it all rotten and looks like a zombie....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread