a good day of real neat relics n coins!!!!! UPDATED!!! DOT in ???

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Photo001.jpg
    Photo001.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,424
  • Photo002.jpg
    Photo002.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 1,434
  • Photo003.jpg
    Photo003.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,429
  • Photo004.jpg
    Photo004.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,429
  • Photo005.jpg
    Photo005.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,424
  • Photo006.jpg
    Photo006.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,417
  • Photo008.jpg
    Photo008.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,420
  • Photo013.jpg
    Photo013.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1,404
  • Photo009.jpg
    Photo009.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,395
  • Photo010.jpg
    Photo010.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,395
  • Photo011.jpg
    Photo011.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,360
  • Photo012.jpg
    Photo012.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,364
Upvote 0

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super cool fobs! Niffler

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: a good day of real neat relics n coins!!!!!

Mr Tuff said:
cleaned it up looks like somthing is there :icon_scratch: MR TUFF

Pitted, not dotted. Do not pass go, do not collect $400,000.

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got some excellent relics there Mr Tuff ! DR Pepper is my fave soda ! so I really like that fob ~~~ MaineRelic

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not convinced that's from pitting. Definitely worth a closer look.

UnknownBounty

May 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I don't want to be a downer... But the coin is worth that much, because of its rarity. You are more likely to stumble upon a bag of that cash in the malls washroom, than you are to find a coin worth that much. Anything can happen though. But usually if something is to good to be true, it usually is. This is just the reality of it. Have a professional check it out. Don't set your self up for disappointment.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UnknownBounty said:
I don't want to be a downer... But the coin is worth that much, because of its rarity. You are more likely to stumble upon a bag of that cash in the malls washroom, than you are to find a coin worth that much. Anything can happen though. But usually if something is to good to be true, it usually is. This is just the reality of it. Have a professional check it out. Don't set your self up for disappointment.

Absolutely, but if they exist then it is possible. But when it's not a dot, or the right dot, it ain't it.

A dug 36 dot in that condition would not get anything close to $400,000 but I think would still make your day!

"The key highlight of The Canadiana Collection is the finest known George V Cent 1936 Dot, KM28, Specimen 66 Red PCGS, Ex: Belzberg (estimate: $300,000-$400,00)"

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UnknownBounty said:

LOL...I've actually found a bag of money in a mall washroom so I like them odds!!!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
UnknownBounty said:

LOL...I've actually found a bag of money in a mall washroom so I like them odds!!!

A friend found at least $1,100 in a pool table one night. I had no idea what was going on, he just said he had to leave and to meet him in 15 minutes a block away. He was already in a cab, and flashed the cash when I got in. Went back to his place and split it 50/50, but there was no $50s or $100s. :icon_scratch: What was ironic is this guy almost always had lots of money to waste at the bars but on that night he didn't and borrowed $50 from me.... then bingo. Yes it wasn't right but I don't know too many drunk 20 year olds that wouldn't think... SCORE! ;D

OP
OP
Mr Tuff

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went and had it looked at.. they said no dot. so i asked if it was a pit from being dug? no clear answer on all my ????s weak die etc... she only said dug coins are worthless.... and to boot the male owner could hardly stand. he looked loaded :-\ maybe a second op in this case??? MR TUFF

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr Tuff said:
went and had it looked at.. they said no dot. so i asked if it was a pit from being dug? no clear answer on all my ????s weak die etc... she only said dug coins are worthless.... and to boot the male owner could hardly stand. he looked loaded :-\ maybe a second op in this case??? MR TUFF

You don't need an expert to tell you it's not. Just compare the pictures. We're not talking about something that looks like a dot, or a different dot, we're talking about an exact match for the dot penny that has an image posted above.

There are only 3 known 36 dot pennies.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Dug coins are worthless."

Ok, you heard the guy, send all your worthless dug coins to me and I will dispose of accordingly.

No...really, the guy SAID so.

I compared the pic of your worthless dug coin to the known examples that are online. I saw no difference whatsoever.
Find a REAL COIN dealer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread