Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I have finally adjusted to the moderate winter climate although, the worst is yet to come. I went out this evening for a night hunt and the temp was 0C/32F and I was warm. Hunted for a little over an hour then had to go to a candle light shopping market in town with the family, candles and fire pits everywhere. Had a nice time, this was a special thing going on for Christmas, stands set up down the center of this medieval town, all businesses open and what was I doing? Looking at the old cobble stones, pieces of iron in door ways and wondering what purpose they served, the honeycomb ceilings, I looked at everything that nobody else noticed and could care less about the shopping part. The warm Christmas wine was also tasting good, LOL! Here?s a few of the finds from tonight, I find this stuff often but never show it as it is just a step above junk. A few harmonica pieces, I?ve found hundreds of them. An old looking piece of riveted metal and a Nestle Nescafe coffee container.
47b5cc28b3127cce959e2fdb639800000016108AYsWjhy5cta

Obverse of a very nice 1924 brass/aluminum 5 Rentenpfenning. My first find this evening and about 20? from the car. I had just pulled it from the clod of dirt and was admiring it when a guy walked up on me from behind on this dark field and said what are you looking for? I was still near a road, nearly jumped out of my boots and whirled around and sent him a few choice words. Calmed down and some conversation followed, showed him my coin and he explained his family owns a few fields that are in the highest grounds of the area that overlook everything around here. What a prime place to detect and he said I can detect there but we have to meet again, I have his name and address.
47b5cc28b3127cce959e2fd9639a00000016108AYsWjhy5cta

Reverse of the 1924. I didn?t find much but had a great evening! HH, Mike
47b5cc28b3127cce959e2fc6e2b500000016108AYsWjhy5cta

Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike ,I catch myself doing the same thing.Every where I go I wonder what kind of stories the streets and buildings could tell. I saw a very elderly man walking along the main street and I wondered what memories he had. I am sure he was probably a soldier .A lot of them had no choice toward the end.Sounds like you have some prime fields for future hunting.Good luck. :)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey mike i have that same exact coin and year that i found in a house that we were doin a demo on very cool .was curious not a very rare coin i guess. if i found one here all the in illinois in the corn so to speak.ne history or littleback ground on it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions