A GREAT CAUSE FOR PULL TABS!!!!!!!!

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in my local craigslist...perhaps you have a local mcdonalds house like this.. just thought Id pass it along.. heres the copy and paste:

My 8 year old Grandson is collecting the PULL TABS from all the cans that they come on so that he can take them to the RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE in Portland and help the kids that need them. We already have 50 pounds and he is wanting to get 100 pounds by CHRISTMAS so he can take them up there and give them to the kids. This is something that really means alot to him so please save them and email me back when you get some so we cna come get them from you. Thank you so much for your help and taking the time to read this

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Rando, they are sold for their scrap aluminum content. Takes a LOT of them for it to add up but, if enough people save them, it adds up quickly. My grandson has been going to Shriners Hospital in Sacramento for a number of surguries since he was only a few months old. He's in second grade now. His parents have stayed, free of charge, at the nearby Ronald McDonald House which in turn is given money that comes from pulltabs donated at Shriners. To anyone that thinks this is a scam I can assure you, first hand, it is not. There was a thread earlier this year dedicated to this very topic. It is NOT a scam.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wonder.....the way I have been digging pull tabs lately....could I get up to 100

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably 4H it's because the little ones don't like what they see and this is not what they imagined the world would be like and they're still young enough and naive enough to believe they can pull it off. Someday they might just do it, too. Sounds like a good cause with the pull tabs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions