🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shuan7 kindly let me in on some of his better land :hello2:

7.5 hours of my usual crazy up & downs & I had an excellent result;

Shortcross hammered of John circa 1200, something I needed to break the hammered draught with. ;D

Plus a Scottish hammered I've never seen before:
James VI
1601-04
Half Thistle Merk
Crown over sheild
IACOBVS 6.D.G.[R SCOTORVM]

Crown over thistle
with inner circle
REGE[M] IOVA.P[ROTEGIT 160?]

If this wasn't enough I found my first Medieval Sword (or large dagger) Pommel :headbang:

I think my most rose farthings in a day 6.5
3x 17th C Tokens
2 Jettons
Tudor Coin weight
Fragment of a Roman Snake Ring
1 Scrappy
Buckles
& Bits

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 791
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 791
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 777
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 791
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 781
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 778
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 760
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 776
Upvote 0

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
How can all of this stuff still be in the ground over there when you guys have been cleaning it out for the last few years?

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
History in the fields nice haul :icon_thumleft: one day ill be back to my roots and find everything you guys missed ;D Good Hunt Dd60

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh? The beginner Shaun has 'better' fields! Great that he shared it with you. Wow he is really moving along! Great finds and yes the pommel is a wonderful find CRU. I am just wondering what you left over for Shaun.....?

U

umrgolf

Damn nice sword or dagger hilt :headbang: I love all those old buttons too.. very cool

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOODY50 said:
Huh? The beginner Shaun has 'better' fields! Great that he shared it with you. Wow he is really moving along! Great finds and yes the pommel is a wonderful find CRU. I am just wondering what you left over for Shaun.....?

Plenty, these are more fields that a club think they have cleared :wink:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HCW said:
How can all of this stuff still be in the ground over there when you guys have been cleaning it out for the last few years?

Many people think they have cleared it over the years we only have the left overs.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to show you guys over there a find a relative of mine in Cornwall modest small farm found in her garden digging she says 3 years ago ,she only turned it over to those people who you have to give it up last year ? because someone told her a nosy old lady next farm over or she has to or go to jail :dontknow: anyway she got back 2 weeks ago after it was documented photographed and examined it they restored it, she sent me a photo the Museum Curators took shes 67 and was scared to death if she didn't turn it over they even photographed her farm house and fields . I thought you,ll over there might be interested in seeing it .Its 5th century Saxon double face brooch brass copper alloy it,s 2.5 inches in diameter . Her name is Tilly poor old thing scared to death :laughing7: did she really have to turn it over ? they didn't even know she found it plus they charged her a small amount of money for all the work the Museum did >:( Dd60
Iam not sure if she got the brooch back or just a letter and photo and a bill !! she didn't elaborate :dontknow:

Attachments

• saxon 5th cent.double face.jpg
    saxon 5th cent.double face.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 520
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepdiger60 said:
I want to show you guys over there a find a relative of mine in Cornwall modest small farm found in her garden digging she says 3 years ago ,she only turned it over to those people who you have to give it up last year ? because someone told her a nosy old lady next farm over or she has to or go to jail :dontknow: anyway she got back 2 weeks ago after it was documented photographed and examined it they restored it, she sent me a photo the Museum Curators took shes 67 and was scared to death if she didn't turn it over they even photographed her farm house and fields . I thought you,ll over there might be interested in seeing it .Its 5th century Saxon double face brooch brass copper alloy it,s 2.5 inches in dynamiter . Her name is Tilly poor old thing scared to death :laughing7: did she really have to turn it over ? they didn't even know she found it plus they charged her a small amount of money for all the work the Museum did >:( Dd60
Iam not sure if she got the brooch back or just a letter and photo and a bill !! she didn't elaborate :dontknow:

That type is chipped carved gold plate, so she only had to hand it in if the %age of gold was 10% or more of its total weight. So it might have been judge as this. However, doesn't sound like they recorded it as Treasure which would have been a year & a half minimum to get it back. They should not have touch the piece at all without her permission, it was technically hers & they should not have charged her anything.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Deepdiger60 said:
I want to show you guys over there a find a relative of mine in Cornwall modest small farm found in her garden digging she says 3 years ago ,she only turned it over to those people who you have to give it up last year ? because someone told her a nosy old lady next farm over or she has to or go to jail :dontknow: anyway she got back 2 weeks ago after it was documented photographed and examined it they restored it, she sent me a photo the Museum Curators took shes 67 and was scared to death if she didn't turn it over they even photographed her farm house and fields . I thought you,ll over there might be interested in seeing it .Its 5th century Saxon double face brooch brass copper alloy it,s 2.5 inches in dynamiter . Her name is Tilly poor old thing scared to death :laughing7: did she really have to turn it over ? they didn't even know she found it plus they charged her a small amount of money for all the work the Museum did >:( Dd60

That type is chipped carved gold plate, so she only had to hand it in if the %age of gold was 10% or more of its total weight. So it might have been judge as this. However, doesn't sound like they recorded it as Treasure which would have been a year & a half minimum to get it back. They should not have touch the piece at all without her permission, it was technically hers & they should not have charged her anything.
Thanks thats what i thought she must of got it back then ill email her daughter and let her know and i dont think anyone told her about the gold part thanks again :thumbsup: Dd60

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree 100% with Cru, they should not have charged anything for cleaning and/or anything else. Never heard of that but I guess some museums do just that. Maybe she had to pay for the photo too!

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
CRUSADER said:
HCW said:

Many people think they have cleared it over the years we only have the left overs.
Nice left-overs!

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
Yeah, you made me look like a boy....again ::)

Here's your action shots :icon_thumleft:

They came out great thanks, not much beats a shortcross peaking out from the mud :)

finally know the Crusader hand :o ..... I thought it was god but not is a human ,detected in wheat fields ... like us. :laughing7:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
CONSTANTINVS said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:

They came out great thanks, not much beats a shortcross peaking out from the mud :)

finally know the Crusader hand :o ..... I thought it was god but not is a human ,detected in wheat fields ... like us. :laughing7:
:laughing9:

He detects like a machine :D

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONSTANTINVS said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:

Yea...you have seen the hand :P Be glad he doesn't show his Mug :laughing9: :laughing9:

SS

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Silver Searcher said:
CONSTANTINVS said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:

Yea...you have seen the hand :P Be glad he doesn't show his Mug :laughing9: :laughing9:

SS

seems the hand of a young person .... :laughing9:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONSTANTINVS said:
Silver Searcher said:
CONSTANTINVS said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:

SS

Just like me ;D....20 years ago :laughing9:

SS

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONSTANTINVS said:
Silver Searcher said:
CONSTANTINVS said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:

SS

Mid 30s, detecting keeps me young

CSbrasshunter

Apr 3, 2010
Wow! What a hunt! That is simply fantastic. Looks like the dig spans more than several time frames.

Unbelievable. Congrats, guys.

May be a naive question but in a site producing, say, King Johns how bad is the iron? Here in the States, we're seeing some of the iron beginning to disappear due simply to deterioration.

That is outstanding hunting and finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread