🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shuan7 kindly let me in on some of his better land :hello2:

7.5 hours of my usual crazy up & downs & I had an excellent result;

Shortcross hammered of John circa 1200, something I needed to break the hammered draught with. ;D

Plus a Scottish hammered I've never seen before:
James VI
1601-04
Half Thistle Merk
Crown over sheild
IACOBVS 6.D.G.[R SCOTORVM]

Crown over thistle
with inner circle
REGE[M] IOVA.P[ROTEGIT 160?]

If this wasn't enough I found my first Medieval Sword (or large dagger) Pommel :headbang:

I think my most rose farthings in a day 6.5
3x 17th C Tokens
2 Jettons
Tudor Coin weight
Fragment of a Roman Snake Ring
1 Scrappy
Buckles
& Bits

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 791
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 791
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 777
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 791
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 781
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 778
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 760
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 776
Upvote 0

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CSbrasshunter said:
Wow! What a hunt! That is simply fantastic. Looks like the dig spans more than several time frames.
Unbelievable. Congrats, guys.
May be a naive question but in a site producing, say, King Johns how bad is the iron? Here in the States, we're seeing some of the iron beginning to disappear due simply to deterioration.
That is outstanding hunting and finds!
Well about the iron deterioration, I don't find so much 'nice' iron in England, but have found much in Holland where I live. Iron here, because of what they call 'sour rain' does deteriorate much more than long ago. Especially copper coins have become almost noncollectable, they just are pitted bad or very thin.

It was much different in Serbia when I searched there. Because it had not had a real industrial revolution like say middle Europe or USA, iron finds in the mountains (roman) were in very good condition. For instance iron nails from the year 400 coming out of the ground just like the day they were lost...

In time there will be no collectable copper coins in Holland, later also no silver coins also. Its happening pretty quick. The copper coins that I found in 84 when I started detecting were great, nice patina and just great coins. Now, 30 years later, it is hard to find a coin that is in good shape. Most of those come from areas that sit under a thick clay protection layer, removed from the oxygen and acid.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CSbrasshunter said:
Wow! What a hunt! That is simply fantastic. Looks like the dig spans more than several time frames.

Unbelievable. Congrats, guys.

May be a naive question but in a site producing, say, King Johns how bad is the iron? Here in the States, we're seeing some of the iron beginning to disappear due simply to deterioration.

That is outstanding hunting and finds!
Normally pretty rusted up, but I do get Roman nails which have survived nearly 2000 years

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions