A great hunt produces more silver.

drodda777

Mar 13, 2009
Dave, Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-MAX
I call DR ACE (Bruce) today to get together for a hunt. He drove over to hunt some places in my area. We went to an empty lot that we had hunted before. We had found a few keepers when we hunted the lot last time but I never got back to cover the whole lot so we decided to get it out of the way first. When we left the lot last time we both said there had to be some silver there. Glad we did as we found a few keepers. It's always great to hunt with someone and even better when we both have a few good finds.

I found a 1911 Barber Dime and a no date SLQ. The SLQ was a great find as it was very high on my wish list as I have now found one of each seated, Barber, SLQ, and washington silver quarters. I have also found a seated, 2 barbers, 6 Mercs, and 4 Rosie dimes so far. This makes the 23rd and 24th silver coin I have found since I got my E-trac in April. Bruce will post his finds on a different thread.

Hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend and gets a chance to dig some old coins!! :thumbsup:

HH,

Dave

Attachments

• 7-3-09_1.jpg
    7-3-09_1.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 416
  • 7-3-09_2.jpg
    7-3-09_2.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 413
  • 7-3-09_3.jpg
    7-3-09_3.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 419
  • 7-3-09_4.jpg
    7-3-09_4.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 425
Upvote 0

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
A Barber and an SLQ would make a great day anytime congrats :thumbsup:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RONC(OR) said:
A Barber and an SLQ would make a great day anytime congrats :thumbsup:
I agree with Ron..... Congrats on a successful hunt!!
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
Dave,

Great lookin' Barber. I'm so jealous! Glad we got out to hunt. It was a great day for it. It was cool we both got our first SLQs within five minutes of each other, too. Yours was definitely in better shape than mine, though. But at least we each got one. :D

Thanks for inviting me over!!

HH,

Dr. Ace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread