A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
It was buried by a Mexican rancher who wanted to keep it out of harm's way during the Revolution in the early 1900s. He used a Mayan numerical code and geometrical layout of some sort as I recall.

Yes, I thought it was a very sophisticated layout. I was surprised the gold wasn't buried that deep. I think the layout was in the form of a cross.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
This sounds like the treasure story I read about in a treasure magazine. I still have the book. If this is the one you mention, up on a hill they found the Mayan numbers consisting of dots ( or holes punched in the rock ) in two or three lines, plus a cross carved in the rock. One of the men figured it out mathematically. The bars were laid out around the hill in such a way that they were close to the parts of the cross which was laid out by feet and inches.
I still have the magazine and will take time to find it as I have a large stack of them. Would take a picture of same but someone else would have to post it for me as I do not find the way to post at this time. At one time it was no problem but now I can't hit the right button.

I'm pretty sure the whole story was posted on Tnet but I didn't have any luck finding it.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
This was a real deal - maybe a true Civil War era cache, or possibly a later KGC site, as the first telling occurred in the 1930s. Regardless, here's what happens when you follow the rules like a trained zoo monkey. Get the picture?

That was a good video and it must have been real frustrating for the searchers. Even if an unauthorized recovery was made, how you going to get rid of the stuff. Glad I'm just an arrowhead hunter.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was a real deal - maybe a true Civil War era cache, or possibly a later KGC site, as the first telling occurred in the 1930s. Regardless, here's what happens when you follow the rules like a trained zoo monkey. Get the picture?

This is one where I'm inclined to believe the FBI... the Finders-Keepers guys are using dowsing and LRLs, so the likelihood that they found anything is pretty much zilch.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
This is one where I'm inclined to believe the FBI... the Finders-Keepers guys are using dowsing and LRLs, so the likelihood that they found anything is pretty much zilch.

You may be right, but believing the government violates one of my cornerstone rules of life.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may be right, but believing the government violates one of my cornerstone rules of life.

I agree, and it sounds like those guys went about the whole thing in a rather... err... naive way. To be kind.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was that treasure found in southern Arizona that was written about in a treasure magazine. I think it was 80 pounds of gold. The caches were not buried in the manner you describe. I think they were also buried pretty shallow.
It was Ron and his brother Chuck Quinn read the book searching for Buried Treasure in Arizona.If you would like to read a small portion of it on Tnet here go to Jesuit Treasure- Are They Real, and go to post #1913 thru #1919 and especially read post #1926.

Last edited:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
It was Ron and his brother Chuck Quinn read the book searching for Buried Treasure in Arizona.If you would like to read about it on Tnet here go to Jesuit Treasure- Are They Real, and go to post #1913 thru #1919 and especially read post #1926.

Thank you.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
It was Ron and his brother Chuck Quinn read the book searching for Buried Treasure in Arizona.If you would like to read a small portion of it on Tnet here go to Jesuit Treasure- Are They Real, and go to post #1913 thru #1919 and especially read post #1926.

Mike’s post, #1926, was excellent.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011

Is it possible to blue box Mike’s post #1926 to this thread? I think his ideas fit in with some of the discussion we’ve had on this thread. I don’t know how to do the blue box stuff, or I’d do it myself. Maybe it’s against the rules. I don’t know.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Mike’s post, #1926, was excellent.

Mike is an excellent poster, and along with Oroblanco (Roy), a staunch apologist for the treasure magazine versions of "Jesuit caches" in Arizona. Both guys back their arguments with historical - or at least dogmatic - supporting points of view. I admit it's clear that the Jesuits likely operated a handful of productive silver mines in Arizona, yes - enough to be able to manufacture shiny bling for their missions and accumulate some trade money for their day-to-day operations. Yes, a few of these shallow surface workings were later located and mined by Anglos. Yes, silver-bearing slag was discovered at some of the missions (although it has never been clear if this was the result of Jesuit work or the later Franciscans after the Jesuits were expelled in 1767).

Were these mines "exceedingly rich"? Depends on your point of view. One could make a very strong argument that all newly discovered mines were exceedingly rich to begin with, or else they wouldn't have been bothered with. Look at the history of mining in the west. Most mines were discovered by rich surface outcroppings that pinched out rather quickly. A few had long lives, most didn't. Today's mining is different, but we're talking about the old days. Whereas the Jesuits' activities in South America and Mexico indicate the supposed documentation of large recoveries of mineral wealth, there has not been any indication of similar gold and silver mining success in Arizona - by Jesuits, Anglos or anyone else. The Arizona mines were nowhere as rich (other than copper) as what was found - and is still being found - in SA and MX. Yes, Mike provided possible explanations of where all the phantom money supposedly went, but it's just pure speculation.

Yes, we have stories of "Jesuit cache" recoveries - the Quinn recovery, the "Kino bars" find and Kenworthy's supposed silver find. The Quinn recovery was shown to have originally belonged to a rich Mexican rancher protecting his stash from Villa's revolutionistas. The Kino bars were proven by antiquities forensics to be a modern fraud. Likewise, Kenworthy's claims were unsubstantiated. It's all discussed in depth in the numerous Jesuit threads if you have the gumption to read through them. Facts often dash hopes, but I guess you don't have to believe reality if you don't want to.

Point 5 of Post #1926 asks the most important question for "treasure hunters" - if the Jesuits hid vast hoards of gold and silver in AZ, why would anyone assume that in the past 200 years, they did not recover them? Mike's fallback positions on this throughout these lengthy threads have been, primarily, either that the Jesuits forgot where they hid the loot, or they were incapable of recovering it. These are convenient excuses, but those dogs don't hunt for me.

The bottom line for me (your mileage may vary): The Jesuits did some modest mining in AZ. IMO, the richness of the mines and the sizes of the caches have been greatly exaggerated, as all legends are, as time goes by. If the Jesuits left anything behind, it was most likely humble - candlesticks, vestments, some small silver trade items, etc. If it had been major, they would already have recovered it. Arizona's mineral deposits, other than copper, are small potatoes compared to SA and MX.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sound like a broken record sdcfia I think anybody here can see for them selves the evidence is overwhelming but everyone has to have there own opinion right.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it possible to blue box Mike’s post #1926 to this thread? I think his ideas fit in with some of the discussion we’ve had on this thread. I don’t know how to do the blue box stuff, or I’d do it myself. Maybe it’s against the rules. I don’t know.
Yes you can and why i did not blue box was out of respect for sandy1 this is his thread and i do not think we need to bring more real true evidence on to it he has presented enough here. The haters are just going to keep on hating and there aint nothing we can do about it.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Logic does not work with these treasures there is no mining near the cache areas I have been showing, the treasures were hauled in from other places and as I have said before it is my opinion they were looted from tombs by the Europeans and only a small portion was mined, the Europeans were looters and history shows this with the Aztecs and Incas.

This is why there are much older markers (Pre Columbian era) which seem to be marking Tombs, that I believe the Spanish had looted.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
You sound like a broken record sdcfia I think anybody here can see for them selves the evidence is overwhelming but everyone has to have there own opinion right.

I ask you, cyzak - what overwhelming evidence? Seriously ... what evidence of large Jesuit caches in AZ? The broken record says, "Jesuit treasure, Jesuit treasure!!" The evidence for them is the same as was revealed for, "Weapons of mass destruction, weapons of mass destruction!!"

I do believe the Jesuits were in AZ looking for already existing caches and/or metal sources, but I don't see that they did any significant mining/caching there themselves. Even if they had, can you explain why they would have left it hidden there?

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandy1, I’ve been a somewhat silent reader here for some time. I have tried to pull the teaching moments to add to my toolbox for use when or if I return to the field again. You and I don’t always agree on some things.

But, that being said, I would never launch an all in assault against you or the folks that follow you.

The truth will always be there, and to that point I will continue to check in from time to time.

The constant badgering aimed at you and your thread is so disruptive and perpetual that you have almost lost your voice, on your own thread.

If your badger 🦡, had started his own thread, without the negative flow, he would have captured the attention of several people and could have made many teachable moments.
But IMHO, he has lost his own credibility by trying to undermine yours.

The misinformation teams are hard at work, digging under many of the threads on Tnet.

Nobody that starts a thread of their own, about their personal experiences, should have to put up with anyone who disrupts your story nor the methodology that you used.

Please continue to tell your story and display any documentation that you have to create more teachable moments, and ignore those who bring their own brand of ignorance to your table.

And by the way, I don’t agree with everything that I read from Kenworthy’s books, but I do have two of his books and use them when I find something that matches his work.

Keep telling your story, and ignore disrespectful disruptions.

Heck, most of us ignore them anyway!

#/;0{>~

Last edited:

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think PROSPECTORMIKEL just about covered it sdcfia enough said on your part you are not going to pull me down into the mud.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandy1, I’ve been a somewhat silent reader here for some time. I have tried to pull the teaching moments to add to my toolbox for use when or if I return to the field again. You and I don’t always agree on some things.

But, that being said, I would never launch an all in assault against you or the folks that follow you.

The truth will always be there, and to that point I will continue to check in from time to time.

The constant badgering aimed at you and your thread is so disruptive and perpetual that you have almost lost your voice, on your own thread.

If your badger ��, had started his own thread, without the negative flow, he would have captured the attention of several people and could have made many teachable moments.

The misinformation teams are hard at work, digging under many of the threads on Tnet.

Nobody that starts a thread of their own, about their personal experiences, should have to put up with anyone who disrupts your story nor the methodology that you used.

Please continue to tell your story and display any documentation that you have to create more teachable moments, and ignore those who bring their own brand of ignorance to your table.

And by the way, I don’t agree with everything that I read from Kenworthy’s books, but I do have two of his books and use them when I find something that matches his work.

#/;0{>~

Well Mikel, if he had started his own thread it would have been dead before it started. Dead is dead.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other

If your badger 說, had started his own thread, without the negative flow, he would have captured the attention of several people and could have made many teachable moments.

#/;0{>~

There are many people who don't deserve respect on here however I don't consider you one of them.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmmm, why be so angry? If you read my posts carefully, you'll note that I totally agree that there are genuine caches hidden in the Southwest. I'm only voicing my opinions of who owns the caches, where they are generally located and how useful the apparent nearby signs are for finding them. When I point out facts about these things (that you can research for yourselves), especially about the deception and fraud associated with many of the legends and those who promote them, you get mad at me. Perhaps you're actually getting mad at yourselves for wasting time on beliefs that are bogus. Since this is a public forum, opposing opinions are allowed. If you don't wish to hear what I have to say, put me on IGNORE - it doesn't bother me and won't get you so upset.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread