A Hard, Long Day just for this?

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Spent a good bit of today making Peach Butter. Amajority of the time was spent cooking and stirring it until it thickened. Here's what I ended up with:

Peach Butter.jpg

6 - 8 ounce jars. I told Cynangyl..."It'd better be dam..d good Peach Butter! :tongue3:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
oh my Donna...I have done the huckleberry picking...would take a LOT of picking to make 2 dozen jars! Better be da--ed good huckleberry jam too! lol

Wes I am certain once you taste it you will find it was WELL worth all that time....wait, let me taste it for you and let ya know! ;D

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
my wife just put up 12 quarts of Granny Smith apple butter, I wanted some right away but my wife said I had to wait for 2 weeks.
i think she's thinking I'll forget about it. News flash, ain't going to happen

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good Wes, you would make a wonderful househusband for some lucky gal. :tongue3:

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Well, lets see....you have the satisfaction of doing something productive. And at some point you'll probably get to taste the fruits of your labor (maybe one day before going detecting).

Or maybe come home from detecting and slathering a spoonful or two on some ice cream and pie crust.

I've done alot worse in a days time.

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
wildrider said:
Well, lets see....you have the satisfaction of doing something productive. And at some point you'll probably get to taste the fruits of your labor (maybe one day before going detecting).

Or maybe come home from detecting and slathering a spoonful or two on some ice cream and pie crust.

I've done alot worse in a days time.
I know I sounded like I was complaining Wildriider, but honestly, I totally enjoy doing things like that! ;D

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be more than happy to taste it for you and look at it this way I have been very deprived I have never had any Peah butter ever homemade or store bought, you would be broading my life experiences ! ;D

Is any thing working it is all true!

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
Wes you are just to good !!!! The peach butter looks heavenly :angel8: Don is right >> Some gal is waiting for her prince >> you are pretty close to one in my book !!!!! :icon_king:

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
CarolinaDigs said:
Wes you are just to good !!!! The peach butter looks heavenly :angel8: Don is right >> Some gal is waiting for her prince >> you are pretty close to one in my book !!!!! :icon_king:

Margie...Thanks for the ego boost!

BTW...Love the new avatar! :-*

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
wesfrye53 said:
CarolinaDigs said:

Margie...Thanks for the ego boost!

BTW...Love the new avatar! :-*

Thanks Sugar !! Figure it was time for the real me ::)

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CD Great pic of you I am gld to see it! You are very pretty! And I agree I like tis pic better!

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
mental granny said:
CD Great pic of you I am gld to see it! You are very pretty! And I agree I like tis pic better!

OH MG >>> you are so sweet to say this ;D I have been needing a ego boost lately :) You are just what the Dr. ordered !! Blessings your way > Margie

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank - you and even more so 3 people now including you have said I made them feel good today .. Now that makes me feel good :icon_sunny:

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
You people got no respect and make us hungry, hot( real) buttered bisquits and coffee, I gotta go find something to eat now.
Any one with figs can make some good jam by adding strawberries or strawberry jello.
I love plain figs.
Magic fingers, with me being lazy and doing things the easy way, I went to pick huckle berrys and it was taking too long. My lazymans solution, I cut myself a stick about 14 inches long, big around as a pencil, and I had a thrashing machine. Using that stick I thrashed those berrys into a shallow pan and when full, dump them into a bucket, you may do it a better and faster way but thats my lazy way. I was a kid and kids can do some weird things.
You got a problem Wes, leave that peach butter on the shelf and don't eat some, you're gonna get lock jaw and have to get those shots. You got some good mouth watering pictures. Gnewt

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wes, Gnewt is right dont eat it I will sacrifice myself and I am sure there are some others here that will do the same - we will eat it for you so .... waste not want not! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread