A Hunters Dream!! Mercs, IHs,Tokens, Rings, GAR Reunion Medallion, Day Two!!!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Hunters Dream!! Merc's, IH's,Tokens, Rings, GAR Reunion Medallion, Day Two!!!

Hi all, Gary, the owner and myself got back out to that "DREAM" site. We hunted all day today. Started off by taking the owner out for breakfast then off to the Dream Site. We had another fantastic Day. The owner found a really nice 1899 Barber Dime, a IH and a few wheat penny's. Sorry no Half Dollars today.

Gary found a bunch of coins and tokens. He didn't leave them with me, so I can't show you or tell you all he found. I know he found a Franklin half and 2 Mercury dimes, a Roosevelt dime and a bunch of wheat pennies.

I really had another Great day. My finds are as follows. 1-Strange Key, 2-K tokens Good For 5 cents in Trade, a 1910 Barber Dime, 1948 Roosevelt Dime, two 1888 IH's,
Wheat's 1911, '13,'45,'35,'44,'19,'45,'41,'30,'42,'38,'46, & 1928. 1-Token Good For 2 Years Prosperity in Ohio, Cooper Lucky Pocket Piece, 1-Sterling Lindy Stone Ring, 1-Costume Jewelry Ring and 3 buttons, 1-ring and Best Of all a GAR Reunion Coin, 37 Annual Encampment Dept. Of Ohio Marietta 1903.

What a Fantastic Day Again, the finds where a little harder to find this time around, but we only have a few days left till the place is sold.

Hope everyone found there pot of Gold Today or hope it's going to be under your coil in the future.

HH, Ringfinder

Attachments

• Front of GAR Coin.jpg
    Front of GAR Coin.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 1,011
  • Back of GAR coin.jpg
    Back of GAR coin.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 1,007
  • Denny\'s coins & tokens.jpg
    Denny\'s coins & tokens.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 1,001
  • Strange key.jpg
    Strange key.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 984
  • Owners 1899 Barber Dime.jpg
    Owners 1899 Barber Dime.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 993
Upvote 0

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: A Hunters Dream!!! Half Dollars, Merc's, IH's, Tokens, Rings!! "Part Two"

Great finds, MANY finds. And, good timing.
Will you be able to do any more hunting before it is off-limits? >:( I hope so, for you and those you are taking to the place.
Well, if it doesn't remain open to you, and metal detecting, then you will find another place that will produce some great artifacts and coins. :thumbsup:

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX fine jewelery extraction device

Very impressive hunting! Nice stuff! I envy you so much on an old virgin site loaded with goodies! I enjoyed your post and your finds! :wav:

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.

Those are some super finds!

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hikeinmts said:
Great finds, MANY finds. And, good timing.
Will you be able to do any more hunting before it is off-limits? >:( I hope so, for you and those you are taking to the place.
Well, if it doesn't remain open to you, and metal detecting, then you will find another place that will produce some great artifacts and coins. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply, we only have a couple days left to hunt, so have to hit it hard. Hope we find another great spot, we just have to do some research. Have to get out the old 1860's plat maps and research, research, research!!!!

Ringfinder

Dirty WhiteBoy said:
Very impressive hunting! Nice stuff! I envy you so much on an old virgin site loaded with goodies! I enjoyed your post and your finds! :wav:

Thanks for looking and your reply!!!

Ringfinder

Bob S said:
Nice Finds WTG

Thanks for your reply!

HH, Ringfinder

John (Ma) said:
Those are some super finds!

Thanks for your reply, glad you liked all our finds, the GAR Reunion Medallion is really special

HH, Ringfinder

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: A Hunters Dream!! Merc's, IH's,Tokens, Rings, GAR Reunion Medallion, Day Two!!!

Holey cow whatta day! That's a sweet 1910 Barber, Congrats!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: A Hunters Dream!! Merc's, IH's,Tokens, Rings, GAR Reunion Medallion, Day Two!!!

Lots of local history there Denny. Enjoy the honey hole. Lots of very nice coins there. Congrats and HH.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

That gar medal is awesome.

I'd take him out to breakfast to hunt a site like that. It's rare to get the chance nowadays to find a nice untouched site. I'm sure someone is going to strike something really good out there.

HH Jer

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Diggincoinz said:
Holey cow whatta day! That's a sweet 1910 Barber, Congrats!

Thanks for your reply, the owners 1899 Barber wasn't to bad either.

HH, Ringfinder

slykatt13

May 16, 2009
ny
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 50/minelab safari

i think the key is for a bank safty deposit box

Jerry1NJ

Oct 23, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray pinpointer, Minelab CTX3030

Nice finds!!!!!! :thumbsup:

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Re: A Hunters Dream!! Merc's, IH's,Tokens, Rings, GAR Reunion Medallion, Day Two

Awesome finds

Good Luck and Happy Hunting,

Dugholes

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Some real nice finds you guys are pulling out of that place. :thumbsup:

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

awesome finds once again! Hope we get some goodies like there where I am taking you tomorrow!

burglarifyoulike

Aug 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

what a great day indeed!! fantastic stuff (especailly the GAR coin, WOW)! and it is all in great shape!! congratulations on a dream day!

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome hunting site with great finds :icon_sunny:

Noticed the GAR Reunion ribbon medallion listed for $108.- at this site:

http://www.manions.com/Manions_Catalog.pdf

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds!

The 2 years of prosperity token is a campaign token from U.S. Representative John Gordon Cooper circa 1928.

Value $20-$30

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread