Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had finally downloaded the new 2.0 Minelab for the Nox and had to get out and at least try it out. Only had about 30 minutes or so and had the 6" coil on. So I hit a trashy area hoping for a decent coin. managed two memorials and some odds and ends trash. One of the first targets was this thing that I first thought was just a dog tag/license/or a rabies tag. It was covered in rusty type corrosion that took some time to get semi clean enough to realize that it was in fact, a token from my home town. I had never heard of a Clift Bakery and neither has any other people (elderly) that I have asked. This was a very small town not to know anything about it. I have someone checking it out, so this could be considered a rare token as there has to have been a very small amount of them back then. I almost threw this into the trash bucket. Now know that it was made prior to 1922 and appears to actually be 3 cents and not 5 cents as first thought. the bakery was sold to the Burks in 1922

Attachments

• clift 1.jpg
    clift 1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 73
  • clift 2.jpg
    clift 2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Upvote 28

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find I love tokens I dont have many I have 2 of the same from a billiard parlor they are a great piece of history. I like yours that's really cool I would treasure that puppy. Tommy

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool looking token Dirtlooter, Congrats and thanks for sharing!!! "D"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread