onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say you worked for a employer who more or less forced you to enter a wellness program to save money on health Insurance. They hire a Co. to over see their 9000 employees health. (By checking if you lead a clean life)

When it was offered they guaranteed safety of information collected (name address ss# etc) Now 1 month after a incident they tell you a employee of the over see Co. left her flash drive in her car and it was stolen with all 9000 peoples info on it. WTF think there is any recourse?

They are offering 1 year subscription in a ID theft Co. to each employee.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Say you worked for a employer who more or less forced you to enter a wellness program to save money on health Insurance. They hire a Co. to over see their 9000 employees health. (By checking if you lead a clean life)

When it was offered they guaranteed safety of information collected (name address ss# etc) Now 1 month after a incident they tell you a employee of the over see Co. left her flash drive in her car and it was stolen with all 9000 peoples info on it. WTF think there is any recourse?

They are offering 1 year subscription in a ID theft Co. to each employee.

PARA-LEGAL... check YOUR STATE LAWS.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
You will (or should) be be able to recover damages, legal cost's and other related expenses after you document any losses directly tied to the failure to protect your information.

You should not sign away any future rights to make a claim, and take the one year offer. At the end of one year, demand another year, unless they can guarantee in writing that your information has been recovered and is again secure.

Watch your accounts and interests very closely for quiet a while, change any possibly affected accounts or data sources you can that may be effected by the breach.

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The biggest problem here is why it took a month to tell the city of the problem Did they try to hide it? Or did the woman who had it tried to cover it up? Or does political correctness protect her for her stutupidity. Your right about taking the offer but after 1 year the cost is 25$ per month each.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, and the company that allowed the breach should pay for the second year as well.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The biggest problem here is why it took a month to tell the city of the problem Did they try to hide it? Or did the woman who had it tried to cover it up? Or does political correctness protect her for her stutupidity. Your right about taking the offer but after 1 year the cost is 25$ per month each.

I can almost guarantee you that she was not supposed to have that information on her person and at the very least unattended outside of the office.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some may laugh but the wellness program sounds like a scam. The old you need insurance because your store might burn down type scam.
Was it a secretary that lost it? There's no reason anyone outside of management directly involved with the program should have had that flash drive.
Define tilt don't sign anything saying you release the company from damages, that 100,000 dollar boat the thief might buy will take you a long time to pay off, even if you prove it who's going to pay? Not the company.

Alot of people think anymore if they refuse to sign something they will lose their jobs. I've refused write ups I felt unjust, insurance papers, direct deposits, all kinds of things. Anything with the words" the company is not responsible" I won't sign. Or releasing them from any loss is a huge no sign for me. But sounds fishy to me, good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread