R

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice score.
Someone put that eclectic accumulation together and you know they would have stuck around to get it unjammed and reclaim their booty. Which leads me to believe some Grampa/Grandma somewhere is going to be pi**ed when they realize Little Junior got into the sock drawer for an Ice Cream.
BTW- Is that a gold foreign (or yellow metal?) as well.

I wish I could have seen the person selling that jar of coins so I could've have tried to buy all of them. I can only imagine all the nice coins that got sent into the crap box and all the others that made it inside. The gold coin is some kind of token
made of aluminum.

OP
OP
R

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the kind/positive words. I was so excited during this whole event that I actually can't remember if I endeed pulled all the coins out :BangHead:

OP
OP
R

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DirtyMike 5394686 said:
Wait a minute... Is the first picture (the pile o coins) all from what came out of the reject tray?

I mostly posted the silver U.S coins. I had about 45 foreign coins, 5 tokens, 13 regular wheaties and 115 steel wheaties.

SilverLunker

Nov 4, 2013
New England
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Insane!! It had to have been a stolen jug of coins and he/she just wanted to get outta there. I'm pretty sure u got all the good stuff..coinstar only excepts clad and almost always spits out silver/steel/foreign etc. That is a HUGE score! Congrats

stealthycat

Feb 17, 2012
Arkansas
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pros
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've found a lot of coins - not that many, not that many silvers either

I did find a coinstar malfunctioning one day - every time I cleared the change at the bottom it filled up again .... I filled both pockets with coins and then felt guilty and left ... all clad, it might have literally emptied the machine had I had a bucket !!

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the big score. Somebody's grandpa is very ticked off, or soon will be!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How could the person be so stupid not to know they were old and silver and how could they not wonder how little they got paid for the coins they returned crazy Good find my turn next!!!!

BeenFishin

Apr 19, 2016
Eastern Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro Detech Ultimate 13"
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe something was blocking the reject slot and it just happened to open up? Maybe some unknowing kid wanted to buy a new video game? Either way my stomache flipped when i read that and saw those pics! Congrats!

Can you at least tell us which market? :)

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder who would be dumb enough to leave all that there, I'm sure it's probably worth 10X what they cashed in. HH

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How could the person be so stupid not to know they were old and silver and how could they not wonder how little they got paid for the coins they returned crazy Good find my turn next!!!!

Crackheads with a stolen coin jar most likely.

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice score.
Someone put that eclectic accumulation together and you know they would have stuck around to get it unjammed and reclaim their booty. Which leads me to believe some Grampa/Grandma somewhere is going to be pi**ed when they realize Little Junior got into the sock drawer for an Ice Cream.
BTW- Is that a gold foreign (or yellow metal?) as well.
1d3d21e6e43f9d0aa310bbe6069e8b28.jpg
shown in photo which failed to download for me is of 2 of the "gold" coins. Their actually steel with a gold coloring that I got in the mail from a religious charity.

Don

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WHAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT?????
I will never find all that with a detector.
That is amazing.

OP
OP
R

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crackheads with a stolen coin jar most likely.

Luckily this town doesn't have that kind of people or beggars. It's a nice old town with lots of history.

OP
OP
R

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT?????
I will never find all that with a detector.
That is amazing.

That makes two of us. This will probably will be the first and last time posting a really good find. I detect the beach and prospect and haven't found anything worth posting. I have helped quite a few people find their lost rings at the beach. I love browsing the forums because of the great finds people make. The only reason I made an account was to purchase a detector from a member. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread