a little help please

thsfineday

Apr 20, 2009
Taylor, MI.
Detector(s) used
omega 8000, ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been detecting for about 30 years now and I have always used Garrett brands but I have been reading many good things about Fisher that I am now thinking about getting me one. Would like a little input on what machine would be best. I mostly coin hunt and some of the area are full of trash, so i would need a machine that can work in these areas. I would also like to get some of those deeper coins that my fellow hunters are getting with their $1200 minelab machines. Thank you in advance for any help and I look forward to reading your input. happy hunting all

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Like minelab the fisher has depth. The minelab is an arm breaker or a portable gym outdoor workout device. The Garrett is sweet....transition to the Fisher will drive you to drink, especially getting the pin pointing down.. I went from Garrett to Whites and now have a Fisher and a Whites DFX. Personnally I am waiting for the next big advance by Garrett....I miss them bell tones. On my Whites I dig all signals as well on my Fischer.....Not because I am unsure...because in doing so I am picking up what others have missed....V nickles, Buffalo etc. I suspect you may be able to set the Garret to similar settings. But if you are upgrading....just be aware the Minelab is a good one, I just found I could not hunt a full day with one without developing tennis elbow....ouch!

This opinion is only inclusive of this individual writer and does not reflect the opinions or polls and testing of Treasure Net or manufactures.

Dec 31, 2008
Hollywood, Fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D
Did you make the move yet ? Have you acquired a new detector yet ?

Attachments

• GrantSig.jpg
    GrantSig.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 172
  • GrantSig.jpg
    GrantSig.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 167

jsmorleymxt

Mar 25, 2008
Spring Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75
I've been hunting for around 6 years and I've owned garret's, whites and now all mighty fisher f75. this is my opinion, but this machine is a beast. I've been using for almost 3 months now. and i love it. it is much lighter than my whites mxt and goes very deep. I've pulled coins out at 13 inches in hard dry ground. all I do is coin hunt. I've been pulling silver from places that I've pounded in the past. I personally think this is the best machine made as of today. and by the way the minelab SE, is one great machine no dought, but it doesn't do very good with shallow coins 3 inches or shallower from what I've heard. and if your a coin hunter, theres many good silvers to be found in that range. just my personal opinion. got luck with which ever one you choose. Jeremy

MR----B

Nov 28, 2007
Trego, Montana, all over nevada and Arizona
Detector(s) used
F-4, X-70, Delta 4000
Fisher Makes a great machine. The F-75 is light and deep. As said on a previous post, Garrett hasn't had any new detectors since the Ace series came out. Go with the newer technology. The F-75 is a proven machine, just ask anyone who owns one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread