Gold Strike/Gold Bug/Gold Bug II - anyone know?

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking for a dedicated gold machine. Who can tell me about these three? I'm trying to decide on brand and model. I'm also looking at Whites and Tesoro. I've been a Garrett fan for a while, but may be inclined to go with a higher freq machine than the Scorpion. Any opinions?

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya might also include the Gold bug III in your search.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You could look at the ....Minelab eureka gold detector.... AND every one seems to like the new ............. Fisher Gold Bug .... for under $500.00....click on this web site and take a look at it.. ............ http://akmining.com/mine/fisher04.htm ... some call it the Gold Bug 3

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,

Well, I assume you are talking induction balance (what most call VLF) detectors. I could write a book on this one but will make it brief. I'll stick with current models.

You have the Garrett Stinger, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Minelab X-Terra 705 and Eureka Gold, Tesoro Lobo ST, White's GMT and MXT.

In my opinion the Stinger is long in the tooth, and the Eureka Gold overpriced. So you get down to the X-Terra 705, Tesoro Lobo, and White's MXT for mid-frequency units with good overall sensitivity and depth. All three can be used for other types of detecting. All three are good units in my opinion and more a matter of personal preference. The Fisher Gold Bug 2 and White's GMT are both high frequency sharpshooters for those wanting to hit the tiniest gold but their extreme sensitivity makes them of minimal use for other detecting tasks, although a few adventuresome people do use them for more than nugget detecting.

Steve Herschbach

OP
OP
ThTx

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input. I decided to go with a PI machie instead. Got an Infinium on the way. Just can't seem to buy something that's not a green machine!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread