a little help?

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
after you are getting a signal are you xing the target or coming in at a 90 degree angle to see if the tone is the same. My buddy has the 250 and he does that.

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I normally do an x over it. I just need to know how to know if it's just garbage?? Or is there any way to tell?

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
Hello, I have had my 250 for about a year and a half and have found most of my ring and nickel signals have fallen in the nickel range. Foil has almost always meant foil, Pulltab has pretty much always been pulltab. I have had copper penny and dime come out in each others range, but most of the time in their own. Quarters have pretty much been right on. I found quarters stacked off center from each other and locked in at 50 cents. Dollar signals so far have been cans and large iron. I have pretty much just notched out iron in the parks and that doesn't always work. I think the Halo effect from all the snow and wet weather this spring has just played real havoc on the readings because of the overload. I can say one thing for sure about the ace 250. I have found the smallest things with it, that my master hunter 5 would have missed for sure because of no signal or signal quality. One thing that makes me mad are the wadded up foil shaped like a coin and those foil seals off of juice bottles. how those flimsy seals make it 2 and 3 inches in the ground still flat like a coin, I will never know. they usually lock in on nickel. If you are running your sensitivity two high, that might be giving you your problem. I try to run about 5 or three bars from the end. If I am in an area that doesn't have a lot of signals and has the possibility of silver and older finds, than I will try to run higher. Hope this helps :icon_thumleft: God Bless :angel7: Paul :coffee2:

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help. Yes, i get waded up foil that reads as a nickel all the time, it's frustrating. I do find coins with my ace, but nothing old yet. I normally run my sensativity really low, because if it's high, I constantly get signals everywhere. Especially if I have the iron still set on, normally I run with it off. I guess I need to find some better places to hunt. Today I tried a local park, and was finding pull tabs and foil all day. I managed to get a few pennies and a dime. I want to find some silver coins, and indian heads though.

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timbobwey said:
I guess I need to find some better places to hunt

if you are "hunting".....you got to go where you can make the "kill"....also....think like a poor ignorant b@stard/drunk and how he litters everywhere nearby and avoid these places.....this might help you avoid his trashy pull tabs, although you might miss some good stuff in doing so, but save yourself some frustration.

Here is a dismal thought....

"The first use of foil in the United States was in 1913 for wrapping Life Savers, candy bars, and gum. Processes evolved over time to include the use of print, color, lacquer, laminate and the embossing of the aluminium."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_foil#Before_aluminium_foil

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
timbobwey said:
Thanks for the help. Yes, i get waded up foil that reads as a nickel all the time, it's frustrating.
Don't feel bad we all get that... :-\

snowyettie

Feb 19, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, DFX, and Ace 250
I used an ACE 250 before I got my new detector. My first gold ring came up under pull tab. It was a really nice 14 k yellow gold wedding band. I must have dug over 100 pop tabs that day, but it paid off in the end. (it was actually in the middle of the day but I kept digging those pop tabs after that surprise) For that machine I used to put it on coin an jewelry mode and dig ever solid signal. ya never know, until you dig it up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread