Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I searched an area yesterday that I located on a Google map. It is across from a school that was built in 1924. There is also a train station in the community that opened in 1912. I have found that the population of a neighborhood will boom, once mass transit became available. Having the ability to commute to and from work, cheaply and a lot faster than by car, (if you could afford a car), is an incentive to move further into the countryside.
I barely put a dent in the area around the old school. I'm going back up there today to resume the search.
Although it is obvious that this is not a Virgin Search Site, I did mange a few keepers. A 1957 Silver Canadian Dime, and a cool copper Badge, with the pin still intact. I couldn't get any information on the origin of the badge. The three toasted wheat pennies are 10, 47, & 52d.
IMG_3457.JPG IMG_3458.JPG IMG_3455.JPG IMG_3456.JPG IMG_3454.JPG IMG_3459.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 14

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on some nice finds! I love the Canadian silver and the badge!

Kk77

May 7, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet dime and the badge is really cool great finds!!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Subteranean knows badges. Hopefully he come along shortly and ID that one. It looks really sweet to me!

Best of luck to you ATW!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ATW, great scores, my friend. As for the badge, If there is no evidence of plating left on it (silver or gold) then it came from the factory a highly polished brass or copper, with a soft enamel painted into the numbers. A classic Victorian era shield with a machine spring pin and "C" catch, all early 1900's era. As for "who was it worn by?" There were early police departments on the east coast that had only numbers stamped or cut into their police or fire badges, no city or agency specific identification. It also may be an employee, postal, valet, guard, caddy, ranger, etc...badge. Just hard to tell. Very cool, none the less, congrats! Sub 8-)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats, it sure likes like a site with potential. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread