A little of Winter Wonders this morning.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't even know it was going to snow this day as I watched NFL playoffs most the weekend and took some Advil PM early last night and hit the sack. What a bummer for the Cowboys and winning on nothing but 3 pointers was one of the most ridiculous ways, I've ever saw a world class team take a W. You should have lost that one there Pittsburgh. All my hope and support is now for one of my childhood team heroes the Green Bay packers a love that went back to Bart Star or as the neighbor kid back then with a lisp called him Bart SLLL-TAR. Why do I remember that? :icon_scratch: Overall if it ain't the Packers I'll still be pleased with seeing the Falcons take the prize. Hell! I'll be a fan to any team that stops the Patriots from getting a Lombardi.

So now for the snow today. I decided to take a walk down at the creek and enjoy the fresh snow. I did hear the Kingfisher chattering from tree to tree but, once again he was on the move and wouldn't sit still. I also saw the great horn owl moving quietly in flight through the woods. There was a little muskrat dining on some twigs, but when he saw me he slipped away under the water and passed by with his wiggling tail and under a stick jam in the creek. All I could get a photo of was a squirrel trimming tiny branches, but I did stumble on a romp'n stomp'n duck party who were all having so much fun they didn't even notice me.

Attachments

• walk 011617 1.jpg
    walk 011617 1.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 60
  • walk 011617 2.jpg
    walk 011617 2.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 57
  • walk 011617 3.jpg
    walk 011617 3.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 62
  • walk 011617 4.jpg
    walk 011617 4.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 55

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
You always come up with some beautiful photos-

Nice scenery. I'm glad I'm viewing it from the warm comfort of a non snowy environment.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goodness, y'all did get a 'sprinkling of snow', haha! And as much as we have, it too looks like a sprinkling compared to Crested Butte.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This wasn't all that bad. Clearing the driveway was a breeze. Haven't heard what's going on in Crested Butte, but I'm aware of it being a pretty snowy place come wintertime. I may head to Ouray tomorrow. That'll be my first trip up in winter country in quite awhile. If I have anymore time I'll go to Durango maybe? That'll be over Red Mountain pass and I should see some deep snow over that road if I go?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Clearing the driveway?? From THAT?!?!? :dontknow: Man, you guys need more snow! And ain't it a lucky thing that I'm just the one who has it! I'll pack it up and send it on down....COD, of course! :laughing7:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful pics! Remind us again what camera you are using? I'am looking at replacement options. My eight year old point and shoot has been dropped twice now and has cracked plastic and bent metal issues. I had to straighten the metal around the lens so it would turn on!
(lens had to move forward)

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful pics! Remind us again what camera you are using? I'am looking at replacement options. My eight year old point and shoot has been dropped twice now and has cracked plastic and bent metal issues. I had to straighten the metal around the lens so it would turn on!
(lens had to move forward)
A Panasonic DMC-ZS 40 .. It's a little guy you can keep in a belt pouch or coat pocket. Got mine at Costco for around $250. Newer models are the DMC-ZS.. 50 & 60 I like the small size of it and it's really fun to be packing it around, as you never know what you'll come across and with the zoom it offers you'll have better odds of getting a picture of those rare moments. You can get allot more out of it then what I do, such as shoot in RAW, but you'll need additional software. To me it's like a little P38 you can just keep pulling the trigger on. It ain't perfect, but you'll sure be better equipped then only a smartphone to take pictures with.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clearing the driveway?? From THAT?!?!? :dontknow: Man, you guys need more snow! And ain't it a lucky thing that I'm just the one who has it! I'll pack it up and send it on down....COD, of course! :laughing7:
COD :icon_scratch: I won't sign for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread