A Little Off Topic

flintdigger

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2010
Upvote 0

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
We are almost that bad in Okla. the whole state is experiencing a severe drought! Our stats in my part of the state are almost as bad as yours. However, it DID rain at midnight last night, and I WILL go to the creek to check out any little bit of flint that might have been uncovered. The landowner is digging ponds deeper and re-enforcing dams, I found two flakes in some fresh dirt he dumped on a dam, and that is where I will be heading as soon as the temp drops to a decent 105 :dontknow: It's 111 right now....

Treasure Hounds

Dec 18, 2010
North Carolina
Even here in North Carolina we've had several days at 102, 101, and 100. Factor in the the very high constant HUMIDITY and you have a dangerous situation.
Take one step outside and your entire body is instantly drenched in sweat ...no evaporation because the air is already so saturated. :P
Still waiting for a break in this heat and humidity...

BJS in Iowa

Jun 21, 2011
Iowa
It's been really hot in Iowa too. I did go out on the 27th but it was so bad in the timber I didn't last long and was panting and starting to cramp up by the time I got back to the house. Many days last week around the century mark. My dog thought I was nuts to be out there too.

F

Felinepeachy

I don't know how much more I can take. The humidity is so bad too. I mean, just look at Treasure Hounds dogs in his avatar,. They used to be Mastiffs
JC_slobber.gif

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio
Felinepeachy said:
I don't know how much more I can take. The humidity is so bad too. I mean, just look at Treasure Hounds dogs in his avatar,. They used to be Mastiffs
JC_slobber.gif
LOL on the mastiffs Peachy... It was 87 today, high sticky humidity, but it rained pretty good once this afternoon, and had a thunderstorm tonight with decent rain!

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
70 degrees here today
my niece came here from the reservation, (fort berthold, (mandan, hidatsa, arikara))
my wife and her went surface hunting and found a perfect little side notch point
also a cool bone game piece and another game piece made from scoria (looks like a square piece of orange chalk)
another nice day
too bad they forgot the camera
i wanted to go but my pigup broke, i am mad at my pigup
larson1951

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've had lots of temps in the 90's and a few heat indexes up around 108 and 109, but for the most part we haven't had anything like the south and southeast is having. It's also rained quite a bit here in the last few weeks and we have at least one or two storm systems move through each week. We just had a couple of really hard rains on Sunday and it rained again really hard about 2:00 AM Monday morning and we are predicted to have some more rain the next few days. Now I just wish I had some fields to hunt.

OP
OP
F

flintdigger

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2010
It's still dry here :(, we did have a cool front move in though :o it was 106 today instead of the 112 we had last week :dontknow:.

F

Felinepeachy

Everyday we keep getting promises of rain but so far nothing. :-\ I don't know, if this keeps up I may start to believe in global warming.................................NOT
sarcastic_blum.gif

Lone Star

Jan 6, 2010
North of the Balcones Escarpment
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well flintdigger I'm not sure where you reside, and I can tell you the gulf coast of Texas has been hot as ten bastards! We've been hovering about 97-103 and the humidity is always in the high 80's plus. The Warden and I spent the weekend out on a Rockport/Goose Island ranch and the dash thermo never got below 98 when I was out prowling the shorline. It kept the hogs up in the tree line though, so all I had to watch out for were the gators and snakes. Didn't find diddley.
Lone Star

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread