Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to the marshes in The Wetlands today. The area is starting to show a bit of the late year signs that fall will soon be upon us. A lot of the reeds and cattails are turning brown, some leaves are dropping and quite a bit of the vegetation is turning brown. The only fowls I saw today were several wood ducks, but they just wouldn't give me any decent pics. There were no members of the crane family visible in the usual places, so I decided to continue along the path toward the deeper woods instead of the marshes. I finally saw this beautiful fellow.

IMG_5484.jpg IMG_5495.jpg

The grapes are ripening too!

K1600_IMG_5477.JPG

I continued on, and that is when I saw the reason for the title. They were in a very small little marsh that I usually don't check because it is so small.

K1600_IMG_5504.JPG K1600_IMG_5537.JPG K1600_IMG_5538.JPG K1600_IMG_5546.JPG K1600_IMG_5554.JPG

For those of you that might not know, I took some very bad pics of a really nice 8 point with a wide rack last week because I got ( for lack of a better explanation ) buck fever with my camera:laughing7:. This 8 pointer is definitely a different deer. This one has a high, narrow rack. I feel a little better now:tongue3:

One last parting pic...

Attachments

• K1600_IMG_5563.JPG
    K1600_IMG_5563.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 45

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great shots and definitely looking like a nice day to be outdoors.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice pics - especially that little buck! Guess it helps when the camera is in the right mode. :tongue3:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Deer are great eating, and free too.

Free = deer license, deer tag (if additional to the license), new guns, more ammo, new scope, new ATV, etc, etc, etc....and BEER!!

....Ok, "almost" free. :laughing7:

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice photos! Thanks for sharing!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deer are great eating, and free too.
I only like Iowa corn feed deer to eat, but that's about all the wild game I find pleasing, well corn feed Pheasants are pretty good too. I think it was God's plan to set aside Angus Beef, Mutton Chops, Kentucky Fried Chicken and Most the Fish of the waters for us to feed on and enjoy the flavors. All the others that roam free are his pets he shares with us to enjoy in they're world, unless your an Eskimo far away from Costco.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Free = deer license, deer tag (if additional to the license), new guns, more ammo, new scope, new ATV, etc, etc, etc....and BEER!!

....Ok, "almost" free. :laughing7:

Right on. Figured out the cost of quail meat one time. I don't think you get a pound if you limit out, which I didn't. Anyhow, it was some of the most expensive meat I ever had the pleasure of eating. I guess you have to count in the fun of hunting and the health benefits of being out in nature, and the expensive meal is just a side benefit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread