A little scary, but I had fun!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey All.....My son and I decided to go to another town today (17 miles away) North Augusta. Wanted to hit some public parks around there. For such a small town, they have 15 parks! Anyway, I didn't have much luck at the 4 parks I hit. A small amount of clad, a Russian coin (sorry, no pic) and a new pair of sunglasses. I was pleased at finding the glasses. Needed a new pair. ;D
Headed home after about 4 hours, and went by this site where three run down houses are being torn down. One is completely gone, the second is "pushed" over, I think it used to be a small restaurant or bar at some point, and the third is still standing but real shaky :-\. I did not take the detector with me cause I didn't have a bunch of time, but just wanted to be a looky-lou. I went directly to the pushed over place and the basement was exposed. I immediately spotted the old Clorox bottles and dove into the debris to rummage around. Found some really cool items but just pulled out what I wanted. Then I looked into the still standing place and much to my surprise, it was still furnished. Real shabby stuff and went in to investigate (the door was wide open). Now keep in mind that this place is right on a very busy intersection and I know that I was trespassing, but curiosity killed that cat and all that good stuff. This place has been abandoned a very long time, and when I went in ever so carefully (the floor are rotten and it's a good piece to the ground!), I saw a calender on the wall from 1992. It had an upright piano that was missing alot of the ivory but still played, a sofa covered in sheet music, a console TV/Stereo from the 50's, You know the kind.....all of our parents had one! This one still had albums in it. Just a few personal items were strewn about. It looks like whom ever lived there just up and left. Maybe she passed away and that was the end. There were no dressers or anything, but lots of clothes on the floor. I think some homeless folks have shacked up in it a couple of times. I picked up a couple of 78 records,the Doctor Seuss book(1954), and one piece of sheet music from 1942. Wish I could go back and get the piano and console. I would like to investigate it further with the detector, but not real sure. There is tons of debris and it's pretty dangerous to be walking over.
Anyway, here's a pic. I had a blast because it was my first tear down that I have visited and actually got to take home souvenirs.

Happy Hunting!
Moon

Attachments

• House tear down 4-07-06 002.jpg
    House tear down 4-07-06 002.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 503
Upvote 0

nybuford

Jan 16, 2006
Wow Moon that is awesome. I wouldn't be able to resist either...
Good luck and be safe!
And no prob... sassy is OK with me!

Oh hey Gypsy...Who you callin' a crowbar? ;)
Bu

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread