monkeys uncle

Mar 26, 2014
Waxahachie, Tx
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 440, E-Trac, Fisher F-Pulse pin-pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
A little US & Cuban silver, a buff, a token and a "what's it?"

Went to my 50th HS reunion last weekend. Took the AT Pro hoping to find a gold ring I lost in my parents front yard 48 yrs ago. No such luck...either; didn't lose it where I thought I had, intermediate owner beat me to it or it's now, too deep to detect. Did dig a little silver ('46 Rosie & '52 Cuban 20 centavos 50 year commerative w/mower damage) and a Buffalo in that old yard though. I also hunted a few other local sites and picked up some clad and other interesting items, incl. a theatre token, pc of bracelet (?) made from copper pennies (sadly a 1970 S) and a ???? which rang up like a quarter/half dollar. Your input/guess is most welcome. I think it's the end of a 'locking bolt' from a rather large safe. The end shown has a (broken) threaded insert that apparently connected the tapered end. I'm waiting for everyone's reply.
Pics follow:
70314b.JPG 70314a.JPG
Thanks in advance for any/all comments. HH!

Upvote 2

kyleeskastles

Jun 21, 2014
birthplace of texas
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II, BH pioneer 202, garrett csi pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pretty cool and interesting assortment of finds. You guess is as good as mine on that mystery object, or possibly a automotive part of some kind. What does the other end look like, just all smooth and clean like the sides of it?

OP
OP
monkeys uncle

monkeys uncle

Mar 26, 2014
Waxahachie, Tx
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 440, E-Trac, Fisher F-Pulse pin-pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
pretty cool and interesting assortment of finds. You guess is as good as mine on that mystery object, or possibly a automotive part of some kind. What does the other end look like, just all smooth and clean like the sides of it?

The other end (not shown) is flat and smooth like the sides. It is also very heavy/solid. You could put it in a pillow case and seriously hurt someone. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions