A look into my stash

esh7545

Greenie
Dec 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1514049815.668097.jpg
This is merely a glimpse of my collection, I have tons more. I’m hoping to get some insight on some of my pieces. I am in love with this website and can’t wait to share individual pieces with folks.

Upvote 0

Yak1366

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2017
Ringgold, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett ATPro, ProPointer AT, Retriever II
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I believe you have come to the right place to get answers. Welcome to TNet!!

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
we love the odd and questionable stuff....give us the stories too.

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice collection ! It looks to me like it may have originated in what is now the mid Atlantic area. Lots of interesting pastel quartzite material, as I would expect to see from southeastern Virginia, or north eastern north Carolina collections?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While you are wanting to share how bout showing the chipped stone next to the jar on the right towards the back. Looks interesting, I love artifacts and really like them when I can pick one up in my hand, welcome to the site lets see them rocks.

OP
OP
E

esh7545

Greenie
Dec 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may have some answers. I would really like to find someone that could help me decipher this ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1514140206.752704.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1514140256.723001.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1514140302.146594.jpg
A lot of pages, this can’t be everything that is in this collection, but definitely could put a dent into the find.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like someone dug in a grid setup, and each artifact is plotted on the grid as to exactly where it was found. The finder has indicated some of the types found, and what material they are made of. For instance, #12 is likely quartzite Guilford, #9 is indicating rhyolite Morrow Mountain type 1(MMI), Kirk CN= Kirk Corner Notch, rhy stands for rhyolite.

The numbers on the grid are measurements pinpointing location within the grid. The numbers to the right of the notations identifying types and material are indicating how far down they were in the dirt.

Qtz=quartz. Qtze=quartzite. Cryqtz=crystal quartz.

On the piece of paper that shows outlines of the points, #7, qtzMM2= quartz Morrow Mountain type 2. There are two styles of Morrow Mountain point, denoted in the literature as type I and type 2.

The collection is from the Nottoway River, Virginia, an area rich in artifacts. Rhyolite, quartz, and quartzite are all common lithic materials for that area.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread