MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,

Got out yesterday 7/8/05, hunted a new playground at a Elementary School for the first time. Also the middle school playground I found a silver earring at once before. I started off bad, digging signals I could not find and giving up quick. I went hunting with the intent of finding gold jewelery. So I was hunting with real low disc. and looking for nickle/foil hits and PT's hits. My first find was a nickle with some date I don't recall. Then I get another nickle and a quarter or two. Anyway two of the nickles I found ended up being a 1964 and a 1958 and one of the quarters a bicentennial. I wonder if they are from some modern persons pocket. Maybe older turned up from the construction when they built the playground several years ago. Too Bad they where not silver quarters or war nickles so close. :'( !! I searched most the playground, it was real small and I was getting tired so I left.?

I then stopped at the middle school I found the silver earring at the one day. I started hunting and found a penny then found a quarter and then some more pennies. Later searching the woodchips some kids show up, about 5 of them. They start watching me in no time and I find a penny and a piece of jewelry. (Fake Kids stuff) I go around the outside edge of the playground and later get a quarter signal... I dig it and find a quarter. One of the kids searches with his hand and finds a penny. So I search some more in that area get another quarter hit the kid uses his hand again and finds another penny. I search with my detector and find two dimes and another quarter. (Someone lost a pocket full) You have to be faster than the kids cause their hands where in there as fast as they could get them. At the end of the hunt, I ended up with $1.93 my best haul yet...LOL

Well...here are my pictures!!

HH!!

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 772
  • Playground2 002.jpg
    Playground2 002.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 829
  • Playground2 003.jpg
    Playground2 003.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 817
  • Playground2 004.jpg
    Playground2 004.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 829
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 776
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff,

HH

Lonewolfe

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good haul mudd!! After the kids jewelry, the real stuff is right around the corner.HH

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D go early in the morning on sat when kids are asleep or home watching cartoons,burn threw some wood chips/sand/pea gravel hit 3 places by 11am or 12pm plan your 3 or 4 spots 1 as a back up places with lots of eqipment and dig everything at pull tabs and up youlll find more crap but get better results in the long run.tear it up? be quick and turn on the next target dig it !!!!!!go early !

Chester Copper Pot

Apr 16, 2005
WI
Detector(s) used
Whites Idx Pro
Takin' money from the kiddies. ;) Clad is good practice for real precious metal. Ignore the deckswabber and find me treasure.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and post Mud, battery money is always a good thing to find! I look at it this way, when I find clad I get paid to have fun and not pay to have fun. My detector has paid for itself many times over, not with just cash but without the cash I didn't spend out having a great time. HH, Mike

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Hey, Mud - Don't let that jerk's response annoy you. I personally enjoy seeing the everyday efforts of my fellow treasure hunters. Can't be all gold, jewels and pre-1900 coins all the time!
Thanks for taking the time to share your day with the rest of us, because most of us do appreciate it.
Ruth

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
I don't see the "big deal" response post anymore. Must have been removed.

I real nice day of finds there, MUD. Keep it up..... :)

GL & HH,

Dugholes

N

Neptunus Rex

EXCELLENT HAUL. You are well on your way to silver and gold. The number of good targets proves your proficiency and with research you will be visiting long ago places of popularity that lend themselves to detecting opportunities for early silver and gold.
Local historical societies online are great resources as they are photo filled with volumes of "hot spots".
NEVER overlook local older schools especially middle and high schools, especially sport fields. The sidelines and concession areas are loaded with the precious AU & AG. {Siver & Gold} For you opportunities with the Erie Canal, early trading posts, old churches, homesites, shoolyards, sportfields, playgrounds, picnic areas, swimming holes,parks for both summer and winter recreation.{ Ice skate rental booth areas, any admission area, concession area, boat rental,etc. Neighborhood gas station, stores, post offices, inns, bed and breakfeasts, etc...
You are only limited by your research. Please do not feel I am being critical, not the case I as others will share in your pleasure with any and all you post. Continued good luck. For some of us, we treasure hunt by proxy through this format. I personally am grounded temporarily until I gain control of recently diagnosed diabetes. ;)

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Looks like a good day to me!!!!!! The only bad day I think a MDer ever has is when he cant go out!!! I been so busy working I havent been out for a couple weeks! Im dieing here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I say GREAT finds MUD!!! Good luck on

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
nothing wrong with clad mud! all those coins add up and add up quick! nice job!

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone,

All but one of your responses have been very nice and informative. I removed my response to the one that was rude. Thank you, Jeff for removing his. I am sorry Neptunus Rex for your recently diagnosed diabetes. You will get control of it soon and will be out hunting in no time. I don't mind finding clad in fact I love finding clad. Its money, I love finding money. ?I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on finding the older coins in a modern woodchip playground... Think more lay waiting, or just a coincidence?

Thanks again and HH, everybody!!

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 510
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 512

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
its interesting you bring that up mud, i actually found a 1946 silver Roosevelt in the woodchips at a school and chalked it up to some kid bringing it in for show and tell and losing it. but who knows how it really got there. one thing i did notice about the woodchips is that i have found quite a few foreign coins in them as well........ more show and tell items??

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you free, thats a real nice thing to say. :D

HH!!

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 464
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 466

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
hi mudd,
you've already found more in your 10 weeks than I did my entire first year!you are doin great!!wtg

peace,bigrig

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions