MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,

Got out yesterday 7/8/05, hunted a new playground at a Elementary School for the first time. Also the middle school playground I found a silver earring at once before. I started off bad, digging signals I could not find and giving up quick. I went hunting with the intent of finding gold jewelery. So I was hunting with real low disc. and looking for nickle/foil hits and PT's hits. My first find was a nickle with some date I don't recall. Then I get another nickle and a quarter or two. Anyway two of the nickles I found ended up being a 1964 and a 1958 and one of the quarters a bicentennial. I wonder if they are from some modern persons pocket. Maybe older turned up from the construction when they built the playground several years ago. Too Bad they where not silver quarters or war nickles so close. :'( !! I searched most the playground, it was real small and I was getting tired so I left.?

I then stopped at the middle school I found the silver earring at the one day. I started hunting and found a penny then found a quarter and then some more pennies. Later searching the woodchips some kids show up, about 5 of them. They start watching me in no time and I find a penny and a piece of jewelry. (Fake Kids stuff) I go around the outside edge of the playground and later get a quarter signal... I dig it and find a quarter. One of the kids searches with his hand and finds a penny. So I search some more in that area get another quarter hit the kid uses his hand again and finds another penny. I search with my detector and find two dimes and another quarter. (Someone lost a pocket full) You have to be faster than the kids cause their hands where in there as fast as they could get them. At the end of the hunt, I ended up with $1.93 my best haul yet...LOL

Well...here are my pictures!!

HH!!

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 772
  • Playground2 002.jpg
    Playground2 002.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 829
  • Playground2 003.jpg
    Playground2 003.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 817
  • Playground2 004.jpg
    Playground2 004.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 829
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 776
Upvote 0
OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I DID ??!!! ;D Cool!!

HH!!

Attachments

• cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 343
  • cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 347

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Mud, Any idea what the hot rock may be ??? I get them alot on playgrounds.

M

mercurydime

hey mud that's an excellent looking hot rock, if you save up those pull tabs, you could make a nice necklace.
HH

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
acevillav said:
Mud, Any idea what the hot rock may be? ??? I get them alot on playgrounds.

Metal Detectors: A rock which contains a higher concentration of non-conductive ground minerals than the surrounding matrix to which the detector is balanced. A metallic (positive) response will be heard in the motion and non-motion modes, and a null or negative drop in threshold is heard in the all metal ground balance mode over these rocks.

HH!!

goadster

Apr 9, 2005
Dayton, Oh
Job well done, Mud....Those clads give you the "itch" to get back out there.....Hey, every time it beeps or chimes, it could be anything.....so the clads are just as important in getting the feel for the detector......Now that I'm a Grandpa, the clads take on a new meaning.....When I visit my grandson he always asked if I have my detector with me. I then toss about a dollar or two in clads around in the yard, make it go beep, and he goes nuts....That little action makes his day, and mine too just to see his face....Works good on nephews also......Keep diggin, and keep showing us your finds!! Goadster from Dayton ;D

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Nice work MUD, don't let anyone give you crap about finding the clad! ?That's all I seem to be able to find lately, and I love it! ?Not to say a silver coin might not be nice.... you know what I mean.

Dudes

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks .

I am happy to hear most of you like seeing my posts!

Thank you and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread