A Much Better Day...

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
After all the garbage I went through yesterday and the somewhat emotional morning I had today, I decided to go for a little detecting time with my daughter. I finished "customizing" her Discovery 1100 I picked up for her but low and behold - it's still a bit heavy. Regardless, we packed up the QuickDraw II and head out to a little park by the lake we fish at. I was glad to see the place empty as I have not been feeling very social. The small playground area is pretty old so I had some hopes of finding some old coins. Not today. That's alright because the first hit I had was pretty solid (I'm taking my time to learn the machine - today I ran on auto notch) and so I dug. Pulled the plug that I cut and right there staring up at me was a coin. Dirty enough to not be identifiable but quarter sized, I was pretty excited and so was my daughter. When I wiped it clean it was a New Hampshire state quarter! It was at least four inches down - maybe someone can tell me how something that recent gets down that far(or is that not really that deep?). Anyway, Izzy thought that was the greatest thing in the world and I too was anxious to see what else we'd find. The next hit I dug up the back half of a Hot Wheels Camaro (poor thing - must've been that mean kid from Toy Story) and then came the '67 Rosie. I need to practice my pinpointing a little more because I just about dug a well! :D After that I dug some old, crushed can and an old Pepsi screw cap. Started getting a bit buggy and Iz wanted the "slushy" she was promised so we headed out. All in all, a pretty fun day getting dirty. Izzy and I will definitely be back to see what else is out there. Cleared my mind a lot and relieved some stress too. Here's some pics (sorry about the poor focus on some of these - using the folks' camera). Yes, 37 cents can make a day better. :wink:

The pennies were "eye-balled" by Izzy!

Attachments

• a1 (Small).jpg
    a1 (Small).jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 413
  • a2 (Small).jpg
    a2 (Small).jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 407
  • a3 (Small).jpg
    a3 (Small).jpg
    68 KB · Views: 410
  • a4 (Small).jpg
    a4 (Small).jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 406
  • a5 (Small).jpg
    a5 (Small).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 412
  • a7 (Small).jpg
    a7 (Small).jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 403
  • a8 (Small).jpg
    a8 (Small).jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 412
Upvote 0

CladMaster

Dec 25, 2007
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Explorer SE
Nice finds, I think coins sink depending on mainly freeze, thaw, heavy rain sediment etc. For reference I found a 82 Lincoln Cent at about 8-9 inches one time. HH and good luck!

OP
OP
DD-777

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
CladMaster said:
Nice finds, I think coins sink depending on mainly freeze, thaw, heavy rain sediment etc. For reference I found a 82 Lincoln Cent at about 8-9 inches one time. HH and good luck!

Thanks Clad - the dime is what really threw me - I must have cut a plug about twelve inches across! I filled it in when I was done but dang! I'll get the hang of it eventually...

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DD, It won't be long till Izzy gets the silver and laugh at poor old dad...gotta admit..the slushy sounds pretty good right now...hmmm..should I go to Sonic's or not? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
DD-777

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Great job DD my man ... :thumbsup:

Glad your in better spirits & lovin' life ...

Congrats on the quarter & you missed silver on that dime by 3 years ...

You will get that pinpoint down in no time ...

Rock On & Persevere ~ Nick

Thanks Nick. Anyone that says the QuickDraw doesn't go deep hasn't used one. The "clump" of foil I dug up had to be around 8 to 10 inches. Thought I smelled Chinese food... ;D

SC - Sonic it was. She gets the cherry and I'm an orange fan... :thumbsup:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job you two. That's a lot better than your first attempt, huh? ;D :wink: Those state quarters really throw me off sometimes. They come out dirty, don't look familiar, and I think I have a token or old coin. ;D
Next hunt, you'll find some bling. :thumbsup:
Congrats,
MM

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Great finds! Any finds are good though.. remember, detecting is a lot like fishing.. they call it "Fishing" not "catching" <grin> Of course any finds are a treat, keepers are bonuses! The time spent with your daughter is priceless. Enjoy ever moment you can get!

Happy Hunting!

Frodov

OP
OP
DD-777

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
ModernMiner said:
Great job you two. That's a lot better than your first attempt, huh? ;D :wink: Those state quarters really throw me off sometimes. They come out dirty, don't look familiar, and I think I have a token or old coin. ;D
Congrats,
MM

Thanks MM, pickin' on my already. Nick warned me about you - somethin' about a dress... ;D

Yeah, much better than the first trip out. When i saw that quarter all I was thinking was, "large cent!, SLQ!, ANYTHING OLD!!!". I'll take it anyway. As Jeff says - I got a thirty-seven cent gas rebate today. Sadly, I think 37 cents would get me from one side of the gas station to the other... :D ;D

And yeah - it'll probably be my daughter that finds the twenty-dollar gold piece or a CW rifle...

OP
OP
DD-777

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Frodov said:
Great finds! Any finds are good though.. remember, detecting is a lot like fishing.. they call it "Fishing" not "catching" <grin> Of course any finds are a treat, keepers are bonuses! The time spent with your daughter is priceless. Enjoy ever moment you can get!

Happy Hunting!

Frodov

Thanks "Fro". While I did not "fish" the field today, I did use some of your techniques we discussed. :thumbsup:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DD-777 said:
ModernMiner said:
Congrats,
MM

Thanks MM, pickin' on my already. Nick warned me about you - somethin' about a dress... ;D

Yeah, much better than the first trip out. When i saw that quarter all I was thinking was, "large cent!, SLQ!, ANYTHING OLD!!!". I'll take it anyway. As Jeff says - I got a thirty-seven cent gas rebate today. Sadly, I think 37 cents would get me from one side of the gas station to the other... :D ;D

Me pick???? :icon_scratch: ;D :wink: No way Jose'. Don't listen to that Nick character. Anyone who worships a large guy in a mouse suit passing out golden tokens has to be low on cheese. :tard: :tongue3:

Any jokester on TN is a friend of mine. :icon_jokercolor:
Congrats,
Doug

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Andy,
I forgot to mention, here's a tune Nick plays at night to fall asleep:

See, I told you he was not quite right. :tard: :tongue3: :tard: :tongue3: :wink:
-MM-

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
DD-777 said:

Lipstick & cheap wine too ... Check out this thread ... :thumbsup:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,125608.0.html

D-mn you Nick!!! I thought those pictures were long gone. What some guys will do for a gold & saphire ring.
Gee whiz! :icon_jokercolor: :tongue3:

Andy,
I have no idea how Nick photoshopped those pictures like that. :icon_scratch: I told you he was twisted. I think he has those pictures on his wall at home?

-MM-
(Marilyn Manson)

OP
OP
DD-777

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
OP
OP
DD-777

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
DD-777 said:
I thought Nick listened to this before he goes to sleep -

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Ferrari-FXX-Schumacher-on_181946.htm

Thanks DD ~ That was a thrill ...

Ok ... When I live Stateside ~ It's all USA ...

When I live "Viva Italia " Alfa 6 Baby ... Splendoriffic ...

I believe in supporting the country at whatever time I may be residing there ...

Continue to persevere ~ Nick

Persevering as always Brother. :thumbsup:

I'll take a Maserati Quattroporte anytime...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread