crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone. Decided to get out for a day of enjoyment after yesterdays rain. It's amazing how rain affects the soil and you can find things that you previously overlooked, as was todays hunt. This site has produced a few silver coins and a bunch of Wheaties, 1910 being the oldest. At least 2 dozen and counting. No silver today though. I've gotten good with the owner as he was a Marine and so was I so for me it makes it easier to get my foot in the door. He is also single and the house was given to him by his parents.... Lucky him. My Great Grandfather farmed this land from the early 20's to 1945. In 1945 my Grandparents moved in. They lived there until the 50's.As far as todays finds go I found 3 Wheaties, an old outfitters badge, 2 keys, one appears to be fairly old (pat. 1898) another tootsie car (jaguar) another toy truck, a plumb bob for surveying (I think), a wooden nickle play money, and an old pocket stove top or???? What is that? Couldn't find it on the internet, and the best part, one of my uncles good luck token. The Harvard automatic machine co. dates from 1923.I don't recognize the initials, only the smith part. My grandmother raised 11 kids so it's one of theirs. Smith is even spelled wrong which would be typical for a 10 year old in the early 1940's. I have to let my father look at it. He is the oldest and might recognize it.Thanks for looking and have a safe, happy weekend Ron Smith

Picture599-2.jpg

Picture607-2.jpg

Picture606-2.jpg

Picture717.jpg

Picture718.jpg

Picture719.jpg

Picture720.jpg

Picture721.jpg

Picture722.jpg

Picture723.jpg

Picture724.jpg

Picture725.jpg

Picture726.jpg

Picture727.jpg

Picture728.jpg

Picture729.jpg

Picture730.jpg

Upvote 0

CladMaster

Dec 25, 2007
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Explorer SE
Those are great finds. That is a good lookin' place you have to hunt there. That is indeed a surveyors plummet. HH!

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Way to go . Nice bunch of relics and coins.
Dman

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
excellent pics and finds :wink: and goodluck on your next hunt :thumbsup:

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CladMaster said:
Those are great finds. That is a good lookin' place you have to hunt there. That is indeed a surveyors plummet. HH!

Thanks cladmaster. I don't know if it is old or not? Do they still use those today??

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CJH: Sweet bunch of relics! What a nice, well-kept house. So, a metal wooden nickel? I was thinking you were pretty good to find a true wooden nickel with your detector. :wink:

Nice pics, too!

HH

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Michiganne said:
CJH: Sweet bunch of relics! What a nice, well-kept house. So, a metal wooden nickel? I was thinking you were pretty good to find a true wooden nickel with your detector. :wink:

Nice pics, too!

HH

I could never figure out what a wooden nickle made from metal was called a wooden nickle :icon_scratch:

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice assortment there. The little tootsie toy firetruck I found yesterday was similar to yours. Keep em coming.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds Ron!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron,
Very neat finds. :thumbsup: Great assortment. That misspelled "Smhth" token is my fav. ;D
Beautiful detecting spot & pictures.
Congrats & thanks for the post.
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread