A Must Read Book

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Has anyone else read the book Expedition Whydah: The Story of the World's First Excavation of a Pirate Treasure Ship and the Man Who Found Her? Its a great book :) I have been vacationing to CapeCod since i was born, and recently my family has bought a home there. There is a Whydah pirate ship museum on the cape that is a must see attraction there too. Its a great experience visiting that museum. The book is awesome, you will like it wether you dive, like underwater archeology or not, its a great treasure story. It tells of how a guy with a dream found the worlds only pirate ship ever found and how he had to overcome great obstacles to recover and preserve its artifacts. He had many problems with the board or marine archeologists and other poeple but in the end it was a success. Has anyone else ever heard of another possible pirate ship near the whydah? i remember reading about it somewhere but i forget...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060929715/103-6013688-9248656?v=glance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread