A new best silver day ever

mrbks22

Sep 13, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So last week, I hit a half box with 8 silvers in it, with 6 of them being 90%ers.

I hit another good box, but it only had 7. (I'll take that every day and twice on Sundays).

new record box.jpg

2-40s and 5 more 90s. I'm loving it!

However, the box was only a part of my best day ever. Much like I got my first cent bag from the bank last week, I got my first half bag off the bank's coin counter. This one came as a surprise. Thursday, my cell phone righs with a strange number. I answered, prepared to tell off the solicitor, when this voice tells me we have a bag of halves and a bag of dollars. I said thank you, I'll be there Saturday morning (since Friday was a banking holiday).

I walked in and she apologized because they had sent the dollars on to "the Fed" (right...) on Thursday, but they had the halves. I was thrilled. I got home and started looking the sealed bag over, just to see what I could spot.

You gotta love seeing that right through the bag.

019.JPG

Well, I know I've got at least two in this bag!

020.JPG

I won't keep you in suspense too long.

The bag had a total of 21 silver halves. 2-90s and 19-40s.

023.JPG

Combined with the box, that's 7-90s and 21-40s in one day.

That's a new record day for me!

Happy Hunting All!!

Upvote 0

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noice. Just curious...how much coin did the bag contain when you bought it?

OP
OP
M

mrbks22

Sep 13, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noice. Just curious...how much coin did the bag contain when you bought it?

It was a $1000 bag. It was 3 halves short and had one quarter so I ended up $1.25 short. I'll take that any day for 21 silver halves.

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats, really feels good to hit new bests. Keep hunting - the big scores are out there.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! I did good with my bags. They are fast and easy to.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So last week, I hit a half box with 8 silvers in it, with 6 of them being 90%ers.

I hit another good box, but it only had 7. (I'll take that every day and twice on Sundays).

View attachment 1381244

2-40s and 5 more 90s. I'm loving it!

However, the box was only a part of my best day ever. Much like I got my first cent bag from the bank last week, I got my first half bag off the bank's coin counter. This one came as a surprise. Thursday, my cell phone righs with a strange number. I answered, prepared to tell off the solicitor, when this voice tells me we have a bag of halves and a bag of dollars. I said thank you, I'll be there Saturday morning (since Friday was a banking holiday).

I walked in and she apologized because they had sent the dollars on to "the Fed" (right...) on Thursday, but they had the halves. I was thrilled. I got home and started looking the sealed bag over, just to see what I could spot.

You gotta love seeing that right through the bag.

View attachment 1381245

Well, I know I've got at least two in this bag!

View attachment 1381246

I won't keep you in suspense too long.

The bag had a total of 21 silver halves. 2-90s and 19-40s.

View attachment 1381247

Combined with the box, that's 7-90s and 21-40s in one day.

That's a new record day for me!

Happy Hunting All!!

:thumbsup: Nice couple of scores congrats. You're really lucky that you're able to get bags off the coin counting machine. Around here the banks won't do that. FYI if any of the halves are 1965, weight them. Some 90% blanks were used instead of 40% blanks. The 40% weigh 11.5 grams while the 90% weigh 12.5 grams. Also some 1966 halves are missing the designers initials (FG) on the back. Both of these will be error coins.
HH
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread