Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what kind of 'tard does this, 1 5/8" diameter plastic "token" :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: caused sensor jam during my dump, add the 3" wood screws, wire nuts, washers, dog food, paper clips, staples---- and on, and on____even the signs on machine fail to deter dopes from dumping their trash :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: IMG_4046.JPG IMG_4047.JPG just wish they would try dumping a few dozen Draped Bust silver dollars :laughing7::laughing7:

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember political posts not directly related to coin roll hunting are not allowed... (political posts deleted)

Last edited:

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to remember that without those "dopes" you would never find any silver CRH. Those same dopes that dump whatever in the machine are the same ones dumping collections. So be careful what you wish for.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember political posts not directly related to coin roll hunting are not allowed...

??? I'm confused. What political post was in this post? He was talking about trash people put in coin counting machines that jam them as far as I could tell. To me that's a legitimate topic related to coin roll hunting.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??? I'm confused. What political post was in this post? He was talking about trash people put in coin counting machines that jam them as far as I could tell. To me that's a legitimate topic related to coin roll hunting.

The political posts were deleted.. My post about politics had nothing to do with original post that started thread. By the way, thank you for your service.

Last edited:

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
The political posts were deleted.. My post about politics had nothing to do with original post that started thread. By the way, thank you for your service.

Dumb question... I'm listening to a radio show right now, and they're talking about some countries like India, and Australia trying to go cashless... it's quite possible this particular thing could have some awful effects on our hobby if it starts to happen here... Unfortunately, politics would more than likely become a part of that discussion... what would happen if that came up?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dumb question... I'm listening to a radio show right now, and they're talking about some countries like India, and Australia trying to go cashless... it's quite possible this particular thing could have some awful effects on our hobby if it starts to happen here... Unfortunately, politics would more than likely become a part of that discussion... what would happen if that came up?

Politics directly related to forum topic is allowed, political bashing or political comments not related are not....

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of years ago my credit union got rid of their coin machine due to this very reason, too many people not watching what they were dumping and running screws, keys, jewelry etc through the machine. They could not justify the high maintenance required. I am still looking for another CU or bank with a coin machine in the lobby, that is not an hour or more drive to get to. Some chuckleheads had to ruin it for the rest of us.

hokielegend

Nov 8, 2012
east
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP

It could be worst. It could be some investigating reporter challenging the accuracy of the machine and 'pooof", next thing you know the machines are gone

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that would suck BIGLY :laughing7::laughing7:, the CU machines I use are always dead on accurate----- except when they count a dime as a cent---on occasion, and rarely. the tip is ALWAYS know the amount you are dumping to avoid a skirmish with staff. happened to me once, the reject chute was plugged and my dime box came up ---- "short BIGLY" :laughing7: ----like FIDDY BUCKS. when the wonderful staff opened machine and cleared the blockage ----- out poured my $50 plus another $15 from a previous customer :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:, still want to reiterate---dump your COINS only, leave the trash for Waste Management--- and feel free to dump granny's collection from her days working in Vegas in 1955 :laughing7:
OP

It could be worst. It could be some investigating reporter challenging the accuracy of the machine and 'pooof", ne,t thing you know the machines are gone

Last edited:

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish the banks would enforce a policy- if it breaks and they find crap in it, guess who's paying for the repair.

Of course, that would sometimes be tough to prove...

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
A couple of years ago my credit union got rid of their coin machine due to this very reason, too many people not watching what they were dumping and running screws, keys, jewelry etc through the machine. They could not justify the high maintenance required. I am still looking for another CU or bank with a coin machine in the lobby, that is not an hour or more drive to get to. Some chuckleheads had to ruin it for the rest of us.

I've got a Credit Union about 4 miles from me... last I knew, they had a free coin counting machine... if they still have it, I will be opening an account there today.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE ONLY WAY TO FLY :laughing7: WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' FEES---$267,397 dumped for free plus get paid by the reject tray---8-)

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
that would suck BIGLY :laughing7::laughing7:, the CU machines I use are always dead on accurate----- except when they count a dime as a cent---on occasion, and rarely. the tip is ALWAYS know the amount you are dumping to avoid a skirmish with staff. happened to me once, the reject chute was plugged and my dime box came up ---- "short BIGLY" :laughing7: ----like FIDDY BUCKS. when the wonderful staff opened machine and cleared the blockage ----- out poured my $50 plus another $15 from a previous customer :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:, still want to reiterate---dump your COINS only, leave the trash for Waste Management--- and feel free to dump granny's collection from her days working in Vegas in 1955 :laughing7:

I count all my coins before taking them in to the bank. Each container is labeled in a round dollar figure and easy to keep track of. If their machine errors in my favor, they let me have it even though I have stated I am certain of my counts. When the machine errors in their favor, they take my word for the counts. ...Is a great system, for now!! :occasion14:

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like WF is ending their contract with the coin counting company...if you are using a WF branch for coin counters, check with them, they may be going away.

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
A couple of my dump banks have a clear plastic "jar of shame" that they just load up all the crap that people dump in the machines... Antacid tablets, cigarette butts, screws, bolts, bullets (yes bullets).

They also have a sign up indicating that if it's determined that you damaged the machine by depositing wet or dirty coins or foreign objects that you will be responsible for repairs. They're new machines too... they told me the one they got was $40k new, so I would imagine any significant repairs would cost a small fortune.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread