A New Detector for the New Year!

Stripeythecrab

Apr 4, 2013
WI, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally received my dream Christmas present yesterday - a Garrett Ace 250! Now I'm ready to hunt with the big boys! :icon_thumleft:

Now if only it weren't so darn cold here in Minnesota...

2014-01-06 11.00.36.jpg

Upvote 5

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Garrett Ace 250 also and love the machine. I am waiting for the ground to thaw too because I am getting cabin fever. At lest here in Nebraska our ground thaws faster than yours. I am originally from Minnesota and plan on taking a vacation this summer to come back and do a little dirt digging. The Ace250 like every other detector takes a while to get to know just go slow and dig everything until you know your machine. HH -Brian

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your new detector! GL & HH! When the frozen tundra thaws!
You may want to read the instruction book again for the Ace 250 and do some air testing with coins and pop tops , etc.
Also you can do some research where older parks and places are so you will be well prepared when winter takes a hike!

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your new Ace 250. I think the Ace is one of the best detectors out there. I found so much change over a summer I was able to buy a Garrett Propointer with the money I dug. It is a Coin monster. Also good on gold objects. Might just buy me another one! Good luck!

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your new machine! Now come on spring!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!

Boy! I remember my first detector I ever had, a little ole Radio Shack toyl Bought it myself for Christmas. Unfortunately, I hadn't considered the cold. I went right out with it, got a signal and then realized just how hard ground gets when it freezes. :(

After trying for a while, I just marked it and hoped to come back when it warmed up. But, then, I decided ok, I'll just go over to a local beach. Surely the deep sand would be diggable. Wrong! It was a fresh water beach and it was just as rock hard! Fortunately, there was nobody around to see just how dumb a person can get. LOL

Congrats again, waiting to see what you find.

Silversurfer79

Dec 24, 2013
Southern, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also can't wait for spring here in Minnesota! Happy hunting with the 250!

lil_eric30

Aug 14, 2013
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I'm from Albert lea mn and I have a new xp deus just itching to get out too! It's been 35 below zero for two days now! Just nuts!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread