A new Explorer II and a 10 KT gold diamond ring!

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a new Minelab Explorer II and took it out for a test drive at a local elementary school. The first thing I found in a tire covered play area was a nice 10KT gold diamond. A first for me, gold ring and also diamond ring. It just don,t get much better. Also some clad, a quarter and 10 pennies, one was a Canadian. I live in Maryland? My wife has already tried it on and it fits! Go figure.

Ed Donovan

Attachments

• finds61506.jpg
    finds61506.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 471
  • 10KTdiamond ring.jpg
    10KTdiamond ring.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 470
Upvote 0
M

mchamby

I guess you were ment to find it so she could claim it. I love my explorer, I'm sure you will find things you missed all over the place. HH
Mchamby

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now thats what I call paying for part of the machine the first time out!!!!! Thats great and I bet the wife is loving that!!! nice brownie points to go out more!!! 8) 8) 8)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful find Ed!

Congrats!!!

;)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the nice finds and new detector! HH, Mike

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
time for an EX2 for me that does it.......

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
wow! looks like you are gonna do just fine with that explorer! great digs!

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
Very nice ring -- my wife would probably encourage me to go out more often :) -- need to start digging more low tones haha -- what do you think of the Ex2 vs. Quattro? At least the learning curve shouldn't take long for ya.

A

Angela (Australia)

Nicely done!

Good to see the Explorer 2 is working well for you! My hubby has one and loves it. :)

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
Well done Ed nice ring, great start you dont get much better than that.you will like the Explorer2 I wont part with mine thats for sure. It would be interesting to see where the ring read on the digital screen, I put that article in about gold rings in the Detector owners review section using 20 rings I had found in the past, I am curious where yours reads. seeya Neilo ;D

OP
OP
Born2Dtect

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments, guys.

Mirage,
I did not really give up on the Quattro. It is a good unit. But, I always wanted an Explorer II. I felt it would help me and I did not have a problem with the Quattro, so I was confident I could handle the Explorer II.

Gabbit,
Yes, the learning curve will be a lot shorter. I can allready pinpint well (to a 2" circle most times), I don't, feel intimidated by the Explorer, and I also read the manual 3 times before getting it.

Neilo, I will post the numbers later. The gold readings should be all over the place as the gold should have impurities (iron, other metals). I read your post and I must say I am impressed.

Ed Donovan

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Congrats on the first ring. What a nice one to find to. Your gonna find alot more with that new machine.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread