Silver streak ends, new one starts

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
My silver streak ended yesterday. Went to a middle school and searched a baseball field and an imprompto parking area by it. Found $1.45 in 1 - 1/2 hours, no keepers except a fairly cheepie MP3 player on the ground. I think it works, we'll see.

Today I had some freedom after work and stopped at an abandoned (this year) old park. This place used to have some rides also, like a ferris wheel I guess. I think they are building condos there soon. Anyway, Th'ers have hit it hard this year as there were craters all over. There's a river that runs the length of the whole backside with about 30 to 50 feet of trees in between the park and water. After finding a few clad coins out in the main park, I noticed a path through the trees and followed it. I ended up spending the rest of the time on the paths in the woods and detecting along the river bank. I hit a couple spots that a lot of coins turned up, hot spots along the river , maybe old swimming holes? I ended up with 4 silver coins, 1946 Wash, 1943S Merc, and a 1946 & 1948 Roosevelts, and 6 wheats. $3.20 total , 48 coins, in 2 - 1/2 hours. Alos found a lot of junk and a few non keeper jewelry items. Also a 22 cal bullet, with a piercing tip of some kind, scarey. A beautiful day out there and some nice keepers. Smiles!!

I definitly will be watching for the dozers to get in there, me and a bunch of others I bet...lol.

HH
BDoo

Attachments

• Silver front.jpg
    Silver front.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 349
  • Silver back.jpg
    Silver back.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 346
  • Wheats.jpg
    Wheats.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 341
  • Junk finds.jpg
    Junk finds.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 348
Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Boo,

sounds like you had a good time.

Very nice silver coin finds.

Sure would spend some time there if
condos are going to go up.

Was it an old amusement park?

have a good un..........

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
Boo,

sounds like you had a good time.

Very nice silver coin finds.

Sure would spend some time there if
condos are going to go up.

Was it an old amusement park?

have a good un..........

Thanks for the visit Sherm.
I don't know all the info on this place, but an inlaw told me that they had rides there, yes, an amusement park for 20 or so years. I'll be watching for the dozers to have a shot at the deep stuff. The soil is all sandy there.

Smiles!
BDoo

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that silver Scooby!

Always a plus when it's nice and easy diggin too!

Good luck on your next outing there!

Nana ;)

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
very nice hull -- hope you get back soon -- that's a great silver / copper ratio -- keep an ear out for the low tones at the swimming hole ;)

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a very good day...

HH
-GC

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
i consider the streak alive,, everyone needs a break, even the silver gods,,, you do find some great spots amigo,, all the best on the return,, ;) :D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread