A nice designed, 2 Artillery, 1 Navy... and my kinda Clad!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out again yesterday with Ironhorse and we revisited an area we haven't hunted seriously in well over a decade. Dug our fair share of old junk and modern trash but with that effort came many old finds, and this post is my best of the bunch. Overall it was a great day!

I'm happy with the buttons, but my find of the day was something quite different for me, an early silver claddagh ring. :headbang:

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 19
Normally, a nice 1812 button would win, but you're right, the claddagh ring steals the show. I've found a few of them over the past 6 years but the earliest was about 1900. Yours has a century on mine! Its crude but beautiful. No doubt that's an oldie!!!

Awesome finds! I have found the exact same ring a few years back and it was dated to the mid to late 1700's. Congrats!

Normally, a nice 1812 button would win, but you're right, the claddagh ring steals the show. I've found a few of them over the past 6 years but the earliest was about 1900. Yours has a century on mine! Its crude but beautiful. No doubt that's an oldie!!!

I've dug each of those buttons before, so that's the main reason it's the clear winner.

Awesome finds! I have found the exact same ring a few years back and it was dated to the mid to late 1700's. Congrats!

We didn't dig anything there to suggest it's that early, but obviously it still could be.

Nice buttons and a cool ring. Congrats!

Last edited:
The ring is cool, but I still like the buttons best. Very nice!

Great saves, the Navy button is my favorite though but I am biased :icon_thumleft:

I understand where you are coming from, the ring is an awesome ring for sure. Any one of them would have been a day maker for me, each has its own cool factor. even more awesome is detecting with a good friend again to make finds like those

Nice old relics, congrats! :occasion14:

Great find you deserve it the gold coin will be next Well done. Tommy

I've dug each of those buttons before, so that's the main reason it's the clear winner.

True, but a handmade ring from the same era holds some solid weight too

Very nice finds. I like the ring also, but being an old relic hunter I'd have to go with those buttons. All these finds were most definitely Keepers. Congrats to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back