a pearl brooch then the boot

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was hunting a local town park today. Found clad, then a medallion of a face in a sunshine, then hit a brooch with a large pearl in it. Then I looked up and saw a golf cart with a guy wearing a Dept of Parks T-shirt. I was then informed that the town had an ordinace of no metal detectors in the parks. He said about 10 years ago, a group came thru the park and left big divots everywhere, and the next township meeting they passed the ordinance. He was decent enough and I was polite. He said not to detect the park after today, and I told him I was finishing up and leaving anyways. Bummer.

Attachments

• 2013-08-23 pearl brooch.jpg
    2013-08-23 pearl brooch.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 1

WilliamH

Dec 20, 2012
That really sucks. But at least you got to find a few good things. Gogol luck. WH

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would check for that ordinance. Anyone could have a T-Shirt. Even a "Son of a Digger" who wants to keep the riff raff out of "his" hunting grounds. Politely drive up, tell you to leave and secretly go about his own hunting. ;)

Too bad. But, I hear that the prez has it on his agenda for his third term, to open all parks to the masses for the pleasure that THEY are paying for anyway. ;)

HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread