A Personal Observation About The Actual Ciphers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently I was involved in a conversation about the actual ciphers and during that conversation I explained a personal observation that I’d like to share with my fellow Beale enthusiast now. As I said, this is just a personal observation that I feel is accurate after employing many years and numerous methods while attempting to decode the remaining ciphers. It is my personal feeling that these ciphers can not be broken without the proper key, and that even then the location of the vault still could not be found without the accompanying clear text for C3. So here’s my personal thinking about the situation;

Let’s assume that I have given these same ciphers to Rebel for a period of ten years, after which he is to use the delivered key to decode the ciphers, find the vault location, and then distribute the funds equally to Rockhound, Lastleg, Kentucky Cache, and Jay. The first and most obvious problem that I would have to overcome is the ten-year period because a lot can happen in ten years. As example Rebel could fall victim to an illness, or he could simply have a change of heart and decide to keep the funds for his own personal use. Rebel could also be robbed or duped by an impersonator, or through error or some other cause the key could possible arrive to Rebel early and he could simply decide to retrieve the hidden wealth at that time. Ten years is a long time and many things could take place that could see my intended goal of the distributed funds altered in some way. So how could I make certain that the location of the vault remained safe and that my instructions were carried out according to plan? Rockhound, Lastleg, Kentucky Cache, and Jay are all counting on me, so how do I insure that their interest are protected from these many possible disasters? Actually, as it turns out, it wouldn’t be all that difficult if I simply incorporate a few basic practices to the over all scheme of things. And I really believe it is these other basic coding practices that has, and still is, protecting these ciphers today.

C2 was a basic substitution cipher, with each number representing a letter of the alphabet, this we know and can prove. C3 has all the signs of being just another basic substitution cipher, in fact, it even appears to be simpler and with more repeatable codes then C2. But C1, it has all the sings of being an entirely different monster with added protection. I say this because C1 has 19 four digit codes and it is the only cipher where these four digit codes have been employed more then once, as in C2 where 1000 is used for the letter “x”. Other then this one necessary four digit code, neither C3 or C2 employ these four digit codes. And this was/is very important to the over all brilliant scheme that was put in place to further protect the interest of everyone involved. And here’s why, and how it was designed to work…….

By its very basic design, it’s my personal opinion that the 19 four digit codes in C1 do not represent letters, but rather they represent the 19 “critical” words that are required in order for the vault to be found. And the reason for this added protection is simple, in that only myself, Lastleg, Rockhound, KentuckyCache, and Jay were issued one of my identical four digit keyword list/keys. So in essence, since Morriss didn’t have one he would have to locate one of my partners first in order to obtain that keyword list, which likewise serves to alert them that Morriss, or another threat, is attempting to access the vault. On the other hand, I don’t have to worry that Lastleg, Rockhound, KentuckyCache, or Jay can access the vault without first seeking out Morriss and the decoded ciphers. By it’s a brilliant design Morriss is left virtually powerless to continue even with the freshly decoded ciphers in hand, and my partners are powerless with only the keyword list because, and here’s the best part, “they don’t even know who has the ciphers”. So you see, it’s a win-win for everyone, everyone’s interest are protected as best they can be, especially mine. Morriss has half the puzzle, my partners have half the puzzle, but they don’t know who each other is. And on top of this, somewhere out there is another unknown player holding the appropriate key that Morriss requires. With all of this in place I remain in complete control over the entire affair.

This, after many years of toiling with the ciphers and the Beale mystery, is where I think the situation really stands. When the unknown author published the pamphlet he knew “exactly” what the true story was, and he already knew “exactly” what was contained in the ciphers, but what he didn’t have was that all-important four digit keyword list, or as he called it, ….”unintelligible writing” and ”missing paper”. If he had been looking for a basic code key to a basic substitution cipher, such as a published document or other form of published written text, “it would not have been an unintelligible writing.” However, a list of four digit numbers and random words would have certainly been an unintelligible paper. So I really believe with the publication of the Beale Pamphlet the unknown author was attempting to rattle the bushes with the hope of attracting the attention of someone with knowledge of the entire affair, by saying through the pamphlet, “Yes, I have the decoded ciphers, but I need your keyword key. Contact me through J. B. Ward and we’ll discuss a possible joint venture.”

Now I fully suspect this pamphlet was perpetrated by someone living in the Bedford or Richmond area, and I further suspect this individual either had the knowledge first hand, or that he gained the knowledge from someone with both a legal and military background. And quite possibly, if not likely, someone with a French heritage or French…..”connexion”. In my opinion, there isn’t too much in the Beale pamphlet that wasn’t given a lot of prior though and consideration. :dontknow:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No doubt, it has been, and still is, a real head scratcher. :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: :wink: "Scoop", I agree with your last paragraph in you "post" and it fits "in" with the CSA era "theory"... The BEALE PAPERS author was from LYNCHBURG, Va. :D MORE later! :wink: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't "know" that any of the above is the actual case, but after a lot years of toiling with this thing, it sure appears to be the case. "If" in fact, the story was anything more then just a dime novel, which I personally believe it probably was. But that's just me. :dontknow:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D :D It was MORE than a "Dime Novel"... seen this? www.bealetreasurestory.com :wink: VERY close to what I have "found"; even PV agreed, BEFORE he "passed" (RIP); "google" CONFEDERATE COVER UP: DUTY, HONOR, AND DECEIT - Peter Viemeister. :wink: MORE later... :coffee2: :read2: :coffee2: Coffee? :wink:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel - KGC said:
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D :D It was MORE than a "Dime Novel"... seen this? www.bealetreasurestory.com :wink: VERY close to what I have "found"; even PV agreed, BEFORE he "passed" (RIP). :wink: MORE later... :coffee2: :read2: :coffee2: Coffee? :wink:

Yep, I've seen it. But I also "know" there is very strong evidence, if not actual proof, supporting the claim that the party's described trip wasn't possible, at least not in the manner it was described in the pamphlet. But all of this has been hashed out many times before and true believers will always find a way to believe so there's no sense in hashing it all out again, again. That debate is, and will forever remain, a pointless debate. Let's not open that can again. :laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:D NAW... YOU haven't REALLY looked at it; it is about Ferdinand Hutter being the AUTHOR, and the "tie-in" with CSA "assets"; it was ALL CONFEDERATE WAR era, and family (RISQUE, HUTTERS, WARD) being "connected"... it was ALL in the family. :wink:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:D This is what I intended to "post", earlier; "post" didn't go through. "Scoop", I agree with your last paragraph in your "post" and it fits "in' with the CSA era "theory"; Ferdinand Hutter was the author of the BEALE PAPERS, and "wrote" about his brother Sextus Hutter (TBJ) finding the "GOLD" (VATTEL'S LAW OF NATION - Secret CSA Book... LEGAL "document"). Had the CSA won the CONFEDERATE WAR, VLoN was gonna be used as a "guide" for the NEW United States. BUT! :D :wink: ALMOST certain "they" DID know since the BEALE PAPERS was published/released in 1885. NOTHING to do with the Beale Expedition. :wink: MORE, later! :coffee2: Coffee? :wink:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be, who knows? That whole Burr thing also gets pretty interesting. The way I see it, the "printed ciphers" will probably never be solved with any real clarity, especially true for C1, so until something conclusive comes around we'll never know 100% for sure what the thing was really all about. Could be a CSA thing. Who knows? :dontknow:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel - KGC said:
:D CiPHERS? Which one? Beale Ciphers? OR... HAZLEWOOD/HART CIPHERS? (HART PAPERS). :wink:

Either of them, take your pick. :laughing7:

Any credible record of exactly what that Risque/Beale duel was really all about? :icon_scratch:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: :D NAW... Clayton Hart slightly altered the numbers that Newton Hazlewood gave him, according to George Hart in the HART PAPERS. "THE DUEL"? Over WHAT ELSE... A WOMAN! LOL! ::) :tongue3:HA! Judy Hancock. 16 years old; later went on to marry William Clark of Lewis & Clark Expedition. For MORE info... "google" ONE LETTER, ONE ENCLOSURE; SUBJECT: THE BEALE TREASURE. :coffee2: :read2: :wink:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, if they really did duel over a woman then that pretty much proves that niether one of them were smart enough to have had anything to do with the Beale papers. :laughing7:

But on a serious note....I know PV speculated that a woman was involved, as well as insults and such, but do we really know that as being fact? Just really curious if perhaps that duel wasn't over money or principles, maybe loyalties, etc.? :dontknow:

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
It was over a woman.....it was noted that the duel took place outside of a brothelhouse. When I do the math it ends up being about a woman. All joking aside I would love to hear more about this. For some reason the ONE LETTER, ONE ENCLOSURE; SUBJECT: THE BEALE TREASURE won't open on my computer.

Till the next Brothel shooting..........Jay

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:dontknow: BUT! The facts are; AFTER the duel... Thomas Beale I went on down to New Orleans, La. J. B. Risque moved to Lynchburg, Va. and bought LOTS of land... created a PLANTATION near there & Poplar Forest. Thomas Beale II ended up in New Orleans, La. TOO.
SO! We KNOW J.B. Risque was J. Beverly Ward's grandfather. The Hutter family owned Poplar Forest (Thomas Jefferson); were kin to Risque AND Ward, owned Sandusky in Lynchburg, Va. Judy Hancock DID marry W. Clark of Lewis & Clark Expedition (TJ was PREZ). At the time of "BE" (Beale Expedition)... TJ was somewhat "poor" and needed money; came into Lynchburg, Va. MANY times, and local ppl helped him out, QUITE A BIT! :wink: :coffee2: :read2:

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Rebel....a lil off base question. Have you found any maps showing the original Locust Level plot??? And the tavern was just next to that property to the west, correct???

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:icon_thumleft: Yes, I have seen the maps in books, PV showed me HIS maps... the original tavern was EAST, I think. The "barn" for the horses was across today's 460, CLOSER to Montvale; it was a BIG "spread". The "City of the Dead" (Buford(s) graveyard) is behind Locust Level Antiques; haven't been up there in years... heard that Locust Level Antiques is HAUNTED! :o Would love to go there and "camp out"! :wink: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
Haunted!!!!! As you say Lawd Gawd amighty!!!! Maybe an overnight visit would get us in touch with one TJB???? I did a little map project today that I will finish in the morning. And its funny that you mention the Buford Cemetary. That fell into place with a measurement theory Im trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread