A question on a quarter

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tend to lurk here... dial up speed makes posting on a regular basis a true pain in the kiester. However, I do enjoy all the threads and read each and every one,

I went to the bank yesterday and managed to get $100.00 in quarters and $100.00 in dimes. It was skunk on the quarters with one unusual coin. At first, when I looked at the eagle, I thought... silver. However, the date, 1978, negated that. But when I look at it, the head and the eagle appear to be silver... or more appropriately each has a `frosted`appearance.

Any ideas of what it might be.... and I am sorry about the lack of pictures.... again, dial up negates anything like that unless I wish to spend a large amount of time for things to upload

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bartholomewroberts

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sagittarius98 said:
Do you live in Canada, or just of Canadian descent.

Canadian... bred and born here.

I live on the Arrow Lakes in B.C....., If you find Spokane Wa., look north about 150 miles... and there we are... the tiniest town of Edgewood..

The lake is going down so all of the old towns that were `drowned`when the dam was erected, are becoming exposed.... makes for pretty good dirt fishing too.

But my closest large city is 80 miles away.... so, you take the good with the bad

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
bartholomewroberts said:
sagittarius98 said:

I live on the Arrow Lakes in B.C....., If you find Spokane Wa., look north about 150 miles... and there we are... the tiniest town of Edgewood..

The lake is going down so all of the old towns that were `drowned`when the dam was erected, are becoming exposed.... makes for pretty good dirt fishing too.

But my closest large city is 80 miles away.... so, you take the good with the bad

Well, it is on the geography atlas I study from for the Geography Bee. How many people are in the town? I can't find any information on that.

I am also pretty sure it is not as small as this town:

Attachments

• 794px-Lost_Springs,_Wyoming.jpg
    794px-Lost_Springs,_Wyoming.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 340
OP
OP
bartholomewroberts

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sagittarius98 said:
bartholomewroberts said:
sagittarius98 said:

Well, it is on the geography atlas I study from for the Geography Bee. How many people are in the town? I can't find any information on that.

I am also pretty sure it is not as small as this town:

Population of about 300-325.... not very many as a population goes.

But your neighbours are always there for you if you need them.

And I never have to lock my doors :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread