A Recent Experiment Proves A True Eye Opener

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's what I've been doing the last few weeks and the results have been an eye opener, not what I expected at all, really.

For the most part all I have been hunting is the same small section of beach from as early as Saturday afternoon through Tuesday evening, the exact times depending on the tides.

Keep in mind that this isn't what I would call a busy section of beach except on Saturday and through Sunday afternoon until about 5-6pm when the weekend crowd starts to return home. So for the most part I have just been hunting the same small section of beach over and over again, day after day. And you know what, “it seems there are always good targets here to be found.” And better yet, those good targets always seem to be in the same general area of the wet sand, the same area that I just keep pounding over and over again. Begs the question, “Why?”

However, come Wednesday and for sure by Thursday, you can't hardly beg a target until that weekend crowd returns.

Each time I hunt this section of beach “I am convinced” that I have thoroughly hunted it and yet each time I return I discover that, perhaps not.

Every time I hunt this section of beach I overlap my swings and I hunt in a tightly controlled grid pattern, or at least I believe this to be the case. Pretty darn amazing. A real eye opener, of sorts, perhaps. But this year I'm also off to a great summer start. Hmmmmm........

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread