Another Busy WeekendAt The Beach Is Upon Us

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhhhh, and another busy weekend at the beach is already upon us. And here they come, thousands upon thousands of beach-goers with nothing to do the entire weekend but lose things on the beach. From one end of the beach to the next items will be hitting the sand everywhere and anywhere. I wonder what they will lose this week? I wonder where they will lose it? Of these lost items I wonder what I will find?

Just two gold rings a week, that's my goal this summer, and they will be out there, just like the recent weekends before this one. So here comes another busy weekend. Where should I look? How should I look? When should I look? Am I the only one thinking about this this evening?
:laughing7:

Upvote 0

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No. You're not. I dream this stuff. Can't figure out where to hunt. This isn't Miami beach. Feel bad about finding people's losses. Want to find stuff from people long gone! :icon_queen:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. You're not. I dream this stuff. Can't figure out where to hunt. This isn't Miami beach. Feel bad about finding people's losses. Want to find stuff from people long gone! :icon_queen:

Strange you would bring up "old" as I was just discussing this very topic with a couple of other hunters today. Going to send you a PM.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I think about it all the time! Where are the people gathering! Are they mostly on the towel line?
Playing in the water? Near the pier?
The other day, I went to detect at about the time people were leaving and I was picking up fresh drops
without using the detector! I was finding clad just laying on top of the sand!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I was driving off the beach this morning, about noon I guess, I was watching for those less obvious pods of adult swimmers out on those less obvious sandbars and saddles. For the most part these less obvious areas never see a detector all through the summer.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep watch for those playing rough and throwing of footballs, freebies, etc. Watch for items left when people leave for the day.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Watch the girls too!!!!! They wear the cut off shorts to the beach. Before they take them off they put their bling in the pockets. Then at the end of the day they shake the hell out of them before they put them back on. Even better if they have been drinking.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread