AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its okay bud. I sold all my silver so i could get a new pair of boots for work. started over on my pile! keep up the finds and you won't have to worry about selling!

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
I sell off every few days as well, i wouldve gotten $80, but $70 is fine too. just enjoy that you gained $120!

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bummer! I've mentioned it before, but you guys should check out Dave Ramsey for financial advice, I was surprised at how many members on the board said they had followed his plan and were doing great!

Try to establish a $1000 safety net that you never touch for situations just like this as a first step and ultimately a reserve of 3-6 months of your living expenses.

I would encourage everyone to do this and have it done before you consider having a social life!

Live like no one else now, so you can live like no one else later!

HH
Bigheed

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmmm.
sold it for 7x face eh...

next time list it on ecrater.com, someone there offered me 9x face but i ignored him.

Hope you hit boats of silver soon.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Bigheed said:
bummer! I've mentioned it before, but you guys should check out Dave Ramsey for financial advice, I was surprised at how many members on the board said they had followed his plan and were doing great!

Try to establish a $1000 safety net that you never touch for situations just like this as a first step and ultimately a reserve of 3-6 months of your living expenses.

I would encourage everyone to do this and have it done before you consider having a social life!

HH
Bigheed

IF you are doing it right, your money you use to CRH should be your safety net. Cut out all the stupid stuff you dont need.

Stop eating out for lunch and dinner. $5 each meal equals $10 a day times 5 days, that is $50 a week or $200 a month!
Quit Smoking. I have been smoke free for 2 years, best decision for my wallet ever and my health is better!
Quit Drinking. Another waste of money.

It is simply amazing what little things you can do that equal big savings.

I will check out the Dave Ramsey thing though because he may tell me something I dont know.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
The_EE said:
Bigheed said:

HH
Bigheed

IF you are doing it right, your money you use to CRH should be your safety net. Cut out all the stupid stuff you dont need.

Stop eating out for lunch and dinner. $5 each meal equals $10 a day times 5 days, that is $50 a week or $200 a month!
Quit Smoking. I have been smoke free for 2 years, best decision for my wallet ever and my health is better!

It is simply amazing what little things you can do that equal big savings.

I will check out the Dave Ramsey thing though because he may tell me something I dont know.

DON'T QUIT DRINKING, there is always money for whisky

Otherwise I (Ag)ree with EE

chinman

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
x2 on Dave Ramsey.

As far as selling goes, junk silver seems to go at spot doesn't it? At least from what I've seen.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I am a huge fan of Dave Ramsey too.

I've found that trying to be frugal on a day to day basis pays off in the long run. Most people don't think that spending $1.50 a day on a Mountain Dew will add up to anything, but $1.50 X 365 = $547.50. In 20 years time that equals $10,950.00.

I'm not implying that is the OP's problem, but it is food for thought.

FWIW, while I am an avid follower of Dave, I think $500 as an emergency net is fine for single people. Sure, $1,000 is much better, but $500 or $600 will get you through most emergencies.

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
The_EE said:
[Quit Smoking. I have been smoke free for 2 years, best decision for my wallet ever and my health is better!

What else do you want me to do with my life?!? Fiat money is cheap...good cigars and scotch aren't!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Conley , You are doing fine brother , looks like you've got a beautiful woman in your life !
that alone is a fortune !!!!!! And everything you got CRHing you got at cost ! You are well
ahead of the game - keep a little perspective here , Your physical health and peace of mind are
your true wealth in this life (obviously this is my opinion ) , Now get back on the horse , and
begin CRHing again !!! ( please don't give up single malt scotch , and the occasional cigar! )
Argentium.

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Check out providentmetals.com for selling off your coin- May not work for you at the last minute, but it will give you a decent price.
Minimum to sell is 250 but they are offering $9.27 / 1 face dollar of 40% junk. Take into account a flat rate box with insurance and you stil make out okay-
N8

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
n8dagr8345 said:
Check out providentmetals.com for selling off your coin- May not work for you at the last minute, but it will give you a decent price.
Minimum to sell is 250 but they are offering $9.27 / 1 face dollar of 40% junk. Take into account a flat rate box with insurance and you stil make out okay-
N8

My local coin shop offers 20x face which is twice Provident does. Hell, if you want to go the route of Provident, I will give you 15x face, and extra 5.73x increase lol.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
E_E 9.27 is per $1 face of 40% ....1965-1970 + 1976 S Silvers

20x face would be for 90% coins :-)

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
E_E: Agree most of the stuff you are saying.
Quit drinking? I would be very depressed without having a Warsteiner once a while. Not saying that I am an alcoholic but life is for living not saving.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Yinzi50 said:
E_E: Agree most of the stuff you are saying.
Quit drinking? I would be very depressed without having a Warsteiner once a while. Not saying that I am an alcoholic but life is for living not saving.

My vice is fishing so I hear ya.

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
The_EE said:
n8dagr8345 said:
N8

My local coin shop offers 20x face which is twice Provident does. Hell, if you want to go the route of Provident, I will give you 15x face, and extra 5.73x increase lol.

Provident is currently offering 23x face for 90% Junk-
N8

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
n8dagr8345 said:
The_EE said:
n8dagr8345 said:
N8

Provident is currently offering 23x face for 90% Junk-
N8

Wow, not too shabby!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread