A separate section just for laws/bans/updates/news/etc ?

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was curious on how people felt about another forum dedicated to dredge ban news, court appeals, updates, and other such related posts.
If you look there's tons of posts dedicated to dredge ban court news, land acquisition news and appeals information scattered all over the 8 sections...
Gold prospectors journals is a fairly new section and seems popular and I was wondering about for the sake of organisation why there is no separate "room" just for this?
Let's pretent this is a good idea how do we make his happen?
Your thoughts...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think it's a fine idea, an "on topic" gold related, environment, land use, mine law, etc. It is a much needed category and very relevant to preserving our interests in mining and prospecting. If we don't educate ourselves and talk about the unpleasantries going on around us all the gold gathering methods in the world won't matter! I understand there are those here who don't care to talk "politics", I respect that but it doesn't change the fact that we need a "place" to cuss and discuss the issues at hand.

I keep saying "while have spent our time pursuing and perfecting our passions those that oppose us spent theirs educating themselves and now we are paying for it!"

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
I don't know when I was new to the forum I only read the "political" stuff out of a mild interest. I was looking for information on the process of gold prospecting and mining. It became clear after just a few reads that one is no good without the other. Just a thought would a new guy wander into the law and disorder section and get the good info on his own, or would it seem a little much. Idk

OP
OP
S

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AI believe it would be a win/win for everyone.
Not only would the mayhem be more organized and people would be able to get all of their important information in 1 section but it would also allow people that don't want to read about it or get involved a friendlier atmosphere as well. The people that wouldn't read this section probably already don't read these updates anyways. Unfortunately you can't make people care that don't.
If you agree with this idea tell me about it or send a like, if you disagree with this idea I want to hear that as well.
This is a community forum and it should be shaped by the community.
If this idea gets enough support to create a new section hopefully the Mods will make it happen or we can atleast start the process.
Perhaps a "trial run"?
I'd be curious to get a Mods thoughts

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree! A new section for laws and such would be a welcome addition. It could be set up with "Sub-Sections" for mining law, land grabs, court cases etc. That way once it starts getting big, (which I have a feeling won't take all that long) a new person looking for information wouldn't have to wade through all of the other sections to find the info they're looking for. With all of the battles we now face and those that will arise in the future a new section to consolidate everything is called for.

We have several people on T-Net that are well versed in mining law and could be a great help with contributions of their knowlege. I'm starting to get fairly well versed in the subject but there are others that just blow me right out of the water still.

I'm also thinking a couple of sticky posts with the mining laws right up top would be a good idea. That would give everyone access to them without having to hunt all over the section.

CApicker

Nov 3, 2013
West Sacramento, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wise words; we could only benefit from knowldge. After reasearching and hearing from the TN community about laws within the ASRA I still cannot say they I am clear about laws, or that one doesn't supperseed another etc... interesting idea :thumbsup:

KRIKITTS

Sep 19, 2014
STATE OF JEFFERSON
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great idea! :thumbsup:

It would also serve as a library and database easily searched... very powerful for those who use it.
There are other sites too with regular discussion, research and study of this subject.
Knowledge IS power , if you use it.

The mods have been very kind to let the threads get posted that do. A section of its own could save them a lot of work...

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I like this idea if the mods would agree! PLP already has a site: www.plp2.org that does just that! If we don't keep up with these rapidly changes that or "unofficial gubermint agencies" want to impose on us without Congress approval, then we need to nail them! we need all to help in doing so! if you run into anyone not doing their part in this fight, inform them about their actions are actually hurting us instead of their passing the buck for someone else to do it for them while they are out there enjoying EXACATLY what WE are fighting to save!

OP
OP
S

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a great start but with 6 responses and 22 total likes on the page it pales in comparison with the 172 views at this point.
You should make your voice heard whether you support this idea or disapprove.
With no one bothering to get involved, it's that sort of behavior that allows governing bodies to do whatever they want.
Thanks for your support/concerns so far, please keep it going
If you want this then respond or send a "like".
If you don't want this then communicate that as well!
This is not a debate thread so you can voice your opinion either way.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was curious on how people felt about another forum dedicated to dredge ban news, court appeals, updates, and other such related posts.
If you look there's tons of posts dedicated to dredge ban court news, land acquisition news and appeals information scattered all over the 8 sections...
Gold prospectors journals is a fairly new section and seems popular and I was wondering about for the sake of organisation why there is no separate "room" just for this?
Let's pretent this is a good idea how do we make his happen?
Your thoughts...

Another section would be nice but it would only grow by its posters. The work has already been done at GPAA. Home | Gold Prospectors Association of America

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Another section would be nice but it would only grow by its posters. The work has already been done at GPAA. Home | Gold Prospectors Association of America

Yes it's true that GPAA has their section covering laws and such but many members here (myself included for personal reasons) are not members of GPAA. The more places available to access the laws that effect us the better. We have many members here that are well versed in the laws and how to fight for our rights as miners. This new section is an idea that can only be good for a lot of people in the long run.

The more exposure to the laws that protect our rights to mine and the actions of those trying their best to prevent us from exercising those rights the better! We may not have the deep pockets that the greenies have but we do have dedication and a will to fight as best as we can to protect our rights. Information IS power and the more widely this kind of information is dissemenated empowers all who mine that much more.

timberjack

Sep 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How much traffic does the gpaa site get? Last i knew people were leaving in droves because of their new rules. I think a new section here would be great.
###### just back from gpaa website,,,l think having a law section on a forum that people actually visit would be helpful.,,,check it out for yourself...

Last edited:

Goldkid55

Sep 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One up on the separate section so new people like me lol can find info on mining and then if interested go and read laws politics ect.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Not a great idea IMHO, to reach the masses, you must post the information on the most traveled sites, otherwise you will not get the most casually involved. If you don't like it, don't read it, skip to the next topic...

OP
OP
S

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oakview has a solid argument but I would counter by stating that normally people read all sections.
Just because I have a dredge does not mean I only read dredge related posts. The people that would not read the new section probably don't read the dredge ban posts anyways.
People that don't want to or are too indifferent to get involved aren't going to make the difference.
Me and Oak don't see eye to eye on a lot of stuff and I've made his ignore list but he makes a valid concern. He is a good guy whose passionate about what he believes in but I feel he goes about it wrong that's all.
I feel like the people he is worried about that wouldn't enter the new section are not willing to make thier voices heard in the first place so they won't be missing anything. JMHO

Thanks for the support or concerns so far, please add your input as it's OUR community!

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this would be a great asset to the community. Then folks can find laws that pertain to thier own situations whether it be claim access, equipment permits, claim filing,or any other law. There wouldn't be so much other post to wade through to get your answers.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The wider the information is spread out over the forum, the harder it is for people to find. This is especially true for some of our older members that are "computerly challenged" as well as new members that haven't learned where to look or how to do searches on the site. To gather all of the posts already on the forums dealing with legal matters into one place would only serve to make all the information that the Greenies and Govt don't want us to have easier to find. Let be honest here folks. We've had some posts that have VERY good legal info in them that could pretty much get lost over time because they move down the list as more posts come in. Make them a sticky thread and that information that every miner should know on how to protect their rights will stay right on top and be easy to access.

Moving of existing posts could be handled like they were when the Prospectors Journals section was set up. The thread starter just has to send a note to the mods and they can bounce it right on over to the new section.

OP
OP
S

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The moderators are aware of the thread and are waiting to see more responses.
Please send "likes" or post your support
OR
Post your opposition to this

Let your voice be heard either way please as this is a subject passionate to a lot of people that I believe is important while at the same time possibly shaping Tnet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions