Dust Eater

Apr 15, 2015
MASATHVSETS
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a really great hunt. Located a colonial home site about 300 feet off of a trail. I was kind of afraid that the site would be hit already, but it was very hard to see it from the trail. Kind of an odd spot for a house as the land surrounding the cellar hole was very hilly. Going around the side of the root cellar I got a very, very faint signal with no VDI numbers. Ended up digging a small silver cache made up of 2 Spanish half reales and 4 flower cuff buttons all in the same hole. One coin is a 1719 half real minted in Cuenca, Spain (my oldest silver to date!):icon_thumright:. The other half real is dated 1763 & minted in Mexico City. Don't think this was a spill, as it would be difficult for a person to break both sets of cufflinks and lose their money all at the exact same time. Seems much more likely someone was hoarding their silver. Also found a trade ring with a blue glass face, an iron shoe buckle, a few buttons, and a toasted coin at the site. The coin has the hair tie of King William III, but I can't make out any other details.

11.jpg 1.jpg

3.jpg 5.jpg

1719 real - Copy.jpg

2.jpg 7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg10.jpg12.jpg

Upvote 74
Can we see a pic of the treasure chest those came in lol

I've never heard of anyone getting a full set of linked-buttons (Cuff-links) - CONGRATS!

Colonial cuff links and two reales in the same hole? Yes, that is a banner in my book! Wow.

Congrats on an awesome hunt fellow Mass-hunter! You give me hope that I might get out and make my season debut next weekend!

-- Jeff --

That's an awesome find! Congratulations! And this is in MA? Geez, I live in the hilltowns and still have 5+ inches of snow and ice around here.

Awesome hunt, congrats on the links and the silver. Liking the ring also, it really has the colonial look to it.

HOLY S**T!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luv the cuffs!!!! CONGRATZ......

Wow such a sweet hunt.....funny how you find it all in the same hole......weak signal......and i would not think spill either.......one poor old mans cache with alot of years on it really appreciate this one......i say banner

Congratualtions on the great day! :notworthy:

Can't ...stop...drooling... Congratulations on some remarkable finds! The cufflinks are extra special.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back