a small lake has been drained and the bottom is dry

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
so I decided to hunt it yesterday, and there is result too. it surprises me though that people wear tiny gold things, no big rings and no bracelets yet, going again tomorrow though.

+ a bunch of euro coins and some additional silver are not on the pictures :)

as u can see, one red ring is an old 14k with a small diamond like stone, that ring requires a lot of cleaning as it has spent MANY years on the bottom.

another ring is a 18k 2gram joke, I must have hit it with my shovel and the damage is severe.The chain with the medallion weights 8 gram and is 18k.
the tiny thing is also 18k and weights just over one gr

Attachments

• DSCN5120.JPG
    DSCN5120.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,416
  • DSCN5114.JPG
    DSCN5114.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 1,431
Upvote 0

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you found a good area to hunt, and I bet you find more gold and silver in that dried up lake .

Nice finds you have there , thanks for posting the photo's

OP
OP
Acquisitor

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
thanks! its also a fact that europeans usually wear smaller gold than you guys :) I barely see people with heavy rings here.

Golden1

Bronze Member
May 2, 2008
Pittsfield ma
Detector(s) used
Whites PRIZM IV,Whites M-6
Acquisitor said:
thanks! its also a fact that europeans usually wear smaller gold than you guys :) I barely see people with heavy rings here.

Maybe all the HEAVY ones were lost in that lake :laughing9:

HH
G1

RFrady

Jan 16, 2011
Steilacoom, WA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a post they other day about water levels dropping and now yours and it reminds me of a pond near where I grew up that my dad and I fished in when I was a kid. Fishing was great! My mom grew up near there and told me that it had been a swimming pond back into the early 1800s. Well, a few years ago the pond was drained. I don't know if anyone has ever hunted it, but I would love to get out to it when I get back to the East Coast.

Great finds, and thanks for widening my vision of possibilities.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
that is a great opportunity you have. keep hitting it. congrats and good luck!

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the best place you could ever hunt. Every time I talk about hunting a drained lake some people think I am telling a big fat lie. If there is a diving board you will find loads of goodies all around it. If there is a float that they swim out to you will find lots more there and all along the way getting out to it. Don't tell anybody where it is or you will be fighting for a place to hunt, lol... If it is spring fed you will probably notice that the mud is much deeper where the channel goes through. Once you get past that the mud is much more shallow. Don't walk in the deep mud with your feet close together or you will find them stuck together and you will have to lay on your back just to get your feet apart. Have fun because that swimming hole will probably be the best place you will ever hunt in your lifetime. If you hunt by yourself take a long piece of rope and tie it to something on the shore so you will be able to pull yourself out if the mud is real deep in the channel. :thumbsup:

DANGLANGLEY

Nate in Ga

Apr 2, 2009
usa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so roughly 11 g of gold is probably like 200 bucks or so, nice return on the machine

OP
OP
Acquisitor

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
thanks for your AWESOME tips!!!!!!!!

the bottom is not THAT wet and there is very little mud, but I will be very careful. obviously I will never tell anyone where it is. A few guys asked me what I was doing and I said that I dropped something and was searching for it, they thought I was crazy and left. Which is a good thing, yes, Im crazy

OP
OP
Acquisitor

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
midwestterror said:
so roughly 11 g of gold is probably like 200 bucks or so, nice return on the machine

18k gold is bought for 24€/gr, thats over $30/gr. I got 13 gr, 2.5 of which is 14k which they offer about €19/gr for (=$25/g). I dont complain )

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds
anything that glitters gets my vote as a sweet find :laughing9:

what a wonderful place to hunt, lucky you...enjoy hitting that lake bottom!!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt! I think anytime they drain anything it is a good time to hunt. Gold is good. Congratulations on your finds :thumbsup:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Hunt Buddy! :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice score :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions