flint, part of a point , and a clay marbel

RFrady

Jan 16, 2011
Steilacoom, WA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally would start with researching the battle including topo maps and troop movements. That would give you a picture of what potentially you have there. Look at a good modern topo map for signs of ruins or other man-made features and satellite images. Satellite images here show the signs of old buildings 70+ years after they were removed unless the entire surface area has been entirely changed (bulldozed, paved, developed, etc.). look at online geneology sites of the area. This can point to homesteads and farm quarters. After reading the battle accounts, and without knowing your uncle's property location, two areas of emphasis appear. East and Southeast of the Natural Bridge park. and the route South to Newport. And the area East and Southeast of Newport. Looking at the history of the area, it is possible, even likely to finde relics and coins dating back to the 1600s. My apologies if this is old news, just trying to provide some assistance.

http://www.exploresouthernhistory.com/nbattleone.html

Good luck and keep swinging...

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup. Lots and lots of research....and a good map or three. :wink:

Good luck! Nana~

OP
OP
M

master mason

Apr 26, 2010
in a house
Detector(s) used
tesoro umax II fisher f 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
apperantly the property is 6 miles south east and the near by ponds have some cannons in it but the other property owner has put up a fence all around his property to keep treasure hunters out when i get the chance to hunt it i will post trying to find troop movement from the area. then there is steinhatchee springs and falls to figure out as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread